Eary Saver, Insurance and Deposit question

Am I correct that if we book Early Saver and change plans that we lose $50 per person and the balance of the funds can be applied to a future cruise? We currently have 3rd party insurance that includes "Cancel of Any Reason" coverage. The minimum percentage of reimbursement would be 75%.

Would the following scenario then be correct -

We decide to change our plans and Carnival will take all the funds we have paid so far, subtract $50 per person, and keep those funds toward a future cruise. Since all of the money is non-refundable, the insurance company reimburses us and we still have the future cruise credit? Somehow that seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

Am I correct that if we book Early Saver and change plans that we lose $50 per person and the balance of the funds can be applied to a future cruise? We currently have 3rd party insurance that includes "Cancel of Any Reason" coverage. The minimum percentage of reimbursement would be 75%.

Would the following scenario then be correct -

We decide to change our plans and Carnival will take all the funds we have paid so far, subtract $50 per person, and keep those funds toward a future cruise. Since all of the money is non-refundable, the insurance company reimburses us and we still have the future cruise credit? Somehow that seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

That's double dipping which isn't going to happen. You didn't lose the balance of the deposit.

You might be reimbursed the $50pp that CCL charges for a service fee or whatever they call it.

bill

Exactly, it is the "double-dipping" that has me confused. Although I would not get a refund, I still have something of value- a future cruise credit. So the insurance would only reimburse the $50? I don't want more than I am entitled to, I just want to know my potential out of pocket, even if I will be able to use it at some point in the future.

Exactly, it is the "double-dipping" that has me confused. Although I would not get a refund, I still have something of value- a future cruise credit. So the insurance would only reimburse the $50? I don't want more than I am entitled to, I just want to know my potential out of pocket, even if I will be able to use it at some point in the future.

Yes you would probably get reimbursed the 50 per person. Carnival keeps the rest of your money for a year from date of cancellation. They will only give it to you in OBC if you don't re-book another cruise at the same time you cancel. You would have to come up with the deposit again and have OBC.

Yes you would probably get reimbursed the 50 per person. Carnival keeps the rest of your money for a year from date of cancellation. They will only give it to you in OBC if you don't re-book another cruise at the same time you cancel. You would have to come up with the deposit again and have OBC.

CCL has changed it to allow 2 years from the date of cancelation.

Bill

Archived