Oceania waitlist vs priority wait list vs guaranty

naxos

I am not familiar with the waitlist/priority waitlist category. I ahve booked a guaranty fro a cabin category that fluctuated over the past week from sold out to waitlist.

Where does the guaranty fit in to the picture and what is a waitlist?

Thank you

A guarantee means that Oceania is committed to putting you into a cabin of that category and if they cannot make that happen, they will give you a better cabin at no cost to you.

The wait-list means that that Oceania will put you into a cabin of that category IF one should become available, but if none does, then you are out of luck.

A guarantee means that Oceania is committed to putting you into a cabin of that category and if they cannot make that happen, they will give you a better cabin at no cost to you.

The wait-list means that that Oceania will put you into a cabin of that category IF one should become available, but if none does, then you are out of luck.

Very infomative. Our cruise on the Regatta, Splenders Down Under Feb 21 2012 all category's of staterooms are Wiat-Listed. Booked this cruise last year and have a confirmed stateroom Cat A2, this mean the cruise is sold out? Up until the final payment is do that is.

Very infomative. Our cruise on the Regatta, Splenders Down Under Feb 21 2012 all category's of staterooms are Wiat-Listed. Booked this cruise last year and have a confirmed stateroom Cat A2, this mean the cruise is sold out? Up until the final payment is do that is.

I inquired once about the difference between wait list annd olsd out when you look at the website. I was told that it shows wait list if there is at least one reservation more for that cabin category than cabins avaialble. I was told it changes to sold out if it is double the number. Hence, it could be sold out one day and the next it could be just wait listed. It is very fluid until final payment and then you often see space available.

Findacruise-- then when is a guaranty sold?

It is a bit confusing. Final payment for my cruise is due in 2 weeks and all of a sudden the number of wait list categories is growing dramatically with the top 3 and bottom 7 categories showing waitlist. Just 5 categories- all above B2 and below Penthouse available for saale at all.. Unless there is some secret discount/sale, I am curious why there is so much action now- almost seems like O is manipulating the availability in order to sell the higher priced cabins??? I could be wrong of course.

It is a bit confusing. Final payment for my cruise is due in 2 weeks and all of a sudden the number of wait list categories is growing dramatically with the top 3 and bottom 7 categories showing waitlist. Just 5 categories- all above B2 and below Penthouse available for saale at all.. Unless there is some secret discount/sale, I am curious why there is so much action now- almost seems like O is manipulating the availability in order to sell the higher priced cabins??? I could be wrong of course.

It is a well known fact that cruise ships sell out from the top suites down and from the bottom cabins up.

010954.jpg

Those staterooms "in the middle" are the tough ones to market, which is why the Concierge category was created.

It can be some are checking online seeing what cabins are still available thus creating the problem

There was a recent promotion on current cruise with discounts etc...

I would check the promotion page & see if your cruise was one of them

Lyn

Yes there was a recent promotion but I booked under the terms of the promo. I guess the speed at which the changes are occurring seemed strange to me .

And I did not realize the rationale for concierge class.

Thank you for your replies.

We are on a wait list. Booked more than a year in advance. Oceania still requested the $750 per person deposit.

I was hoping that if none are available in the category that we picked, they would make us an offer to a higher category cabin.

Does that sound feasible.

We are on a wait list. Booked more than a year in advance. Oceania still requested the $750 per person deposit.

I was hoping that if none are available in the category that we picked, they would make us an offer to a higher category cabin.

There are a number of variables. We were booked on one cruise w/ an A3 GTY with a group. The cruise showed sold out or wait liisted in all categories for months. In fact, that's why we ended up with the group to make sure we got on the cruise. As it got closer to time we ended up in an A1 for no additonal money. Don't know if it's because we had sailed before or were with a group, but it just showed up that way on our profile one day. They want your money up front and as soon as you come up on the wait list they will contact you to make your decision. It's often a very fluid environment until final payment. Good luck.

Usually they will make an offer (upsell) to to those in the category you picked that have confirmed cabin to move up/down so they can put those with GTY & WL into a cabin in the CAT they booked

Sometimes you may get lucky & get an upgrade

Near final payment date sometimes people cancel so that will free up some cabins.

Just keep checking your booking online to see if you have an assigned cabin

Lyn

Our understanding is, and this applies to most cruise lines:

guarantee - You have to pay as per a confirmed cabin. You will get a cabin equal or above what you paid for. If cabins are not available, they will upgrade you or someone else to make that category of cabin available. If no cabin can be so obtained, they will offer you or someone else to voluntariy take compensation in lieu, and settle the cabins anyway. If the compensation increases enough, rest assured that someone will take it.

priority waitlist - you have to pay a deposit, but if no opening of what you waited for or acceptable to you becomes available, your deposit is refunded.

non-priority waitlist - you don't pay a deposit, if something comes, you will be notified. If not, you won't, and you are at the end of the queue!

Hope the above helps.

Archived