All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Does anybody have a PDF version of the table/seating map for the Da Gama dining room on EOS?

I've never seen a PDF map for any dining room on any Royal ship. Table numbers can change cruise to cruise.

• 1 month later...

At one time I think I had a link.. but I can't find it

we are on the 9 nigher in Oct, and there was a list of the menu order in a post.

such as saffron, ....night 1

anyone have it or know the link to the menus by day.. thanks trying to decided the nights for specialty dining

---

someone is very kindly uploading the compasses for the 9 nighter June 2014

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067490

Edited by bermudashorts

I read on this thread that there is one formal night on a 5-day cruise (we are going to Bermuda).

Which day of the cruise is the formal night? Is it on the first full sea day or another day?

Thanks for your help.

In April it was the first full sea day.

We will doing the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise on Explorer on July 31st. This is our 6th time on EOS. It will be me, my DD and her little sister from her sorority. It was a spur of the moment booking taking advantage of RCI's BOGO sale. Plus my DD was in Tampa all Summer doing her Marketing Internship and this will be our annual vacation together. I booked a JS to surprise the girls. They think we have a regular AFT balcony cabin. :D

Cannot wait to sail on EOS one more time before she leaves NJ. So glad Leigh X. is the CD too. We've sailed with him a few times and know him well. He's a wonderful CD and guy.

Looking forward to see the changes at Bayonne since we haven't sailed out of there since 2012. Definitely will take photos of the pier's construction progress to post on CC threads. Happy Sailing!

Can't wait in 27 days it will be our 8th adventure on the Explorer and the last out of Bayonne. Unless she comes back. Wishful thinking. 9 days of fun, food, friends and Mohitos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Is the Explorer leaving Bayonne permanently?

Anyone know who the current loyalty ambassador is on the Explorer? I am hoping it isn't the same one as our last cruise :rolleyes:

This past week it was Natalia (very efficient and accurate booker) and Alex Mangabeira.

I had asked my room steward and Natalia about the single serve wines that I never received. Both said they would talk to their manager. Then I got a recorded call from Alex. He said 'you only get 1 amenity'. Yeah I know that. So I don't think he really listened. I went to guest services and Anita fixed it right away.

Edited by marci22

That's too bad. I've only been on it once but would have liked going again some day.

Too late now! They are changing a lot of things. Quantum will only be here for a little while. Anthem of the Seas will be here just for the winter 2015-2016, then Liberty of the Seas will be in Bayonne to stay.

Guest maddycat
That's too bad. I've only been on it once but would have liked going again some day.

Too late now! They are changing a lot of things. Quantum will only be here for a little while. Anthem of the Seas will be here just for the winter 2015-2016, then Liberty of the Seas will be in Bayonne to stay.

You got that backwards. The Liberty will be in Bayonne for winter 2015-2016 . The Anthem will be in Bayonne when Liberty leaves.

Is the Explorer leaving Bayonne permanently?

Yes she is. I love her. I wish she could be refurbished and stay here. We already pay premium prices for cruises from NJ but when Liberty arrives which is 7 or 8 years old we will be paying even more. Not to mention Anthem. We need to keep our Explorer home.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

I think it's time for Ex to move on. Ship is clean but rooms are sorely in need of updating. There was a pervasive musty smell on our floor. I am looking forward to newer ships.

I never fly but I am considering going to Florida to try ships like Oasis of the Sea & Allure etc. I get tired of the same ports leaving from the N.Y. area.

I never fly but I am considering going to Florida to try ships like Oasis of the Sea & Allure etc. I get tired of the same ports leaving from the N.Y. area.

Yes, the ports are limited. We do this cruise mostly out of convenience as we hate flying.

Yes she is. I love her. I wish she could be refurbished and stay here. We already pay premium prices for cruises from NJ but when Liberty arrives which is 7 or 8 years old we will be paying even more. Not to mention Anthem. We need to keep our Explorer home.

Realistically, I don't know how much more they can get for Liberty. Ex in peak season has always been priced high. I am not sure that people would pay even more for a ship that, as you said, is not really brand new.

Maybe high to start out but once the novelty wears off prices should come down to normal Ex levels, imo.

The prices for Liberty are much more than the Explorer. We generally travel during peak season because that's the only time school is closed. A Junior Suite is 6 grand for the same cruise we are taking on the Explorer this year. Hopefully it will start high and go down as you stated. So for now we are doing a cruise out of San Juan next year.

"Prior to Explorer of the Seas' arrival in Southampton, she will undergo a ship-wide revitalization that will refurbish much of the ship. This refurbishment will be similar to other refurbishments that have been taking place across Royal Caribbean's fleet."

We're on EOS from Southampton in August 2015 therefore interested in the refurbishment. Can anyone expand on "similar to other refurbishments" as this is our fist RCCL cruise.

We're on EOS from Southampton in August 2015 therefore interested in the refurbishment. Can anyone expand on "similar to other refurbishments" as this is our fist RCCL cruise.

This is what was done to Navigator:

Outdoor movie screen

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Sabor Mexican Restaurant

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

New staterooms

Virtual BalconiesSM

FlowRider® surf simulator

Diamond Club

Nursery

Edited by clarea

Guest maddycat
Does anyone have info about what is shown in the screening room? Also, do we have to go pick up tickets for the ice show or are the cabins divided into days you can go and days they go? 5 days!!!

The ice shows are on sea days. You go to the ice show according to your muster station. It will be listed in the daily cruise compass.

Does anyone have info about what is shown in the screening room? Also, do we have to go pick up tickets for the ice show or are the cabins divided into days you can go and days they go? 5 days!!!

On Explorer, the ice show performance is set by your muster station.

Recent movies are shown in the screening room.