Quick wine carry on question.......

SE NC

For the first time, the bride and me have decided to carry two bottles of wine on board in our carry on for our cruise next week which is the legal limit. My question is...are we allowed to carry on a cork screw and if so.....what kind. Some of them really look like weapons so I wasn't sure. Any help from my CC friends will be appreciated! Ahhhhh...next week!:D:p:D

For the first time, the bride and me have decided to carry two bottles of wine on board in our carry on for our cruise next week which is the legal limit. My question is...are we allowed to carry on a cork screw and if so.....what kind. Some of them really look like weapons so I wasn't sure. Any help from my CC friends will be appreciated! Ahhhhh...next week!:D:p:D

We always take one right in the caryy on with our wine, never had a problem. If they do for some reason take it you can get one from your room steward..Enjoy!

I usually carry on the key style cork screw, but I also have the one that Carnival gave me that is the travel kind that comes in 2 pieces and you put the handle through the screw and it looks like a T...........I don't really like it because depending on how dry the cork is it can be a real pain.

But to answer your question you can bring almost any type of cork screw with you but I would recommend the key type.

I had some all metal ones from Intercontinental Hotel in Miami they confiscated when I was going thru the xray machine. Told me I could pick them up later .. I didnt think they should take them, no 4 inch blade, but I gave them up.

Id take a pastic one if I wanted one, that just has the metal corkscrew part.

Unless you're flying in there won't be a problem. In fact, if you happen to forget it feel free to ask your cabin steward and he/she will be happy to supply you with one.

:)

We've flown several times with the small type that the cover goes in the handle to make a "T" and always put it in carry-on. Never been stopped yet, but since it is a cheap one I figure if they want it they can have it. We've been through Newark, Miami, Orlando, Las Vegas, and LAX security without any problems.

Archived