Spirit travelers

2 cruzen

I've read some of the reviews, but just wondering from those who have sailed on her, how was it? We are doing a 5-day cruise to Cabo in October. First cruise to that area, I think the weather will be fine that time of year. I'm sure the food will be fine - mostly wondering, are the decorations as terrible as some people report? I know everyone's tastes are different, and really, I don't get too riled about those types of things. Mostly wondering why there aren't many reports/reviews/comments about the Spirit.

Never seem to be too many reviews of the ships here on the west coast.

I thought the decor on the Splendor was worse than the Spirit. Those circles made me dizzy.:p

We've been on the Spirit twice and will go on a 3rd cruise with her next March. I don't think the decor is particularly "bright" at all. I really like the glass sculpture decorations on each deck. The layout of the Spirit is great and you can walk to all parts quite easily.

IF you have a specific question then ask because everyone likes different things so just asking "how is it?" may not really tell you what you'd like to know.

WE Have sailed her before,and they had a great crew,and the food was very good,different menues each night in dining room,WE are taking her to alaska at end of month,So ya shes a good ship;):D

The spirit is on the bright side-alittle gaudy for my taste, but it has large cabins, decent food and a lot of diverse activities. It was alot of fun. I really don't cruise for the ship decor, but for the vacation experience.

Apparently, you have not been on the Miracle. The Spirit looks subdued in comparison.

I never thought of it as bright, I thought it was sort of Greek/Med feel. I've been on it 9 times, #10 coming up in November, and I will miss her terribly.

Loved loved loved the Spirit. She was my first. (and Third)

Never saw anything so beautiful, (besides my kids) than when taking those first few steps on board and looking around in awe.

The Spirit decor is actually one of the better themes(to me) on Carnival its a mix of the neo-classical age & a spin on history! Yes there are topless paintings & artwork but that fits with the neo-classical feel of the ship! I DARE I SAY the Spirit is more ELEGANT than most other Carnival ships, not as old glitzy vegas in styling! Lots of stained/murano glass on this ship awesome looking! even the Lido has great blown glass in the buffet & kinda terrazzo(but larger tile) flooring which is nice! I've done the Double Cabo as well! Be WARNED the 1st day you will need a tendor ticket(2nd day no tendor ticket needed on my cruise) to get off the ship & LINE UP EARLY, I did around 7:30'ish AM & got the 1st tendor ticket out after vip's cause I had an early outside whale watching tour! weather will be great & warm! Chileno bay/beach is nice, lovers beach is fun & of course LOS ACROS! I booked my tours on 3 diff. occasions through www.cabosanlucastours.net they treated me very well & also have the no port no pay thing that carnival offers too! hope this helps & you will love the Spirit! Im sad to see it go :(:(:(

Apparently, you have not been on the Miracle. The Spirit looks subdued in comparison.

I never thought of it as bright, I thought it was sort of Greek/Med feel. I've been on it 9 times, #10 coming up in November, and I will miss her terribly.

Thanks for all the replies - I have been on the Miracle - the dining room was quite purple. I don't usually fuss over the ship too much - the Glory drives me crazy with the split floors you have to navigate when going to the dining room. We stumbled upon the "secret garden" walkway on the Miracle and I thought it was a nice quiet place to hang out. Looking forward to the cruise.

One additional question about the tendering. The first Cabo day the ship arrives later, so do you still need to get a tender ticket at 7:30 am? I don't think the ship even arrives until 10:00?

I am trying to be more laid back, and may not book an excursion until we arrive at the dock.

We were on the Spirit for our honeymoon! We loved it!! At times it seemed a little small because of the crowds but overall it was a great ship!! We had the BEST EVER room steward!!! The only weird thing about the ship I thought was the versatiles lounge. It was decorated in what seemed to be fairytale land, but once the lights go down & the comedians start you forget about it

We've sailed on the Spirit, and plan to go on her again next

May to Alaska. She is, indeed, a beautiful ship with a wonderful

layout. Easy to find everything. Food and service was terrific.

Have a great time! ;)

We have been on the Spirit twice.......not one of our favorites.....and we are platinum plus with Carnival...

Both times our dining room service was really slow. First time we had late seating and second time we had anytime dining. The dinner buffet last December was horrible to say the least....I was really disappointed.

For some reason this class of ship seems really laid back and more of a snooze cruise than the other classes.......

But I will have to say the bar waiters were awesome! Especially Sammy Rodrigues!

I love the Carnival Spirit ship. I always have a blast on that ship. There is nothing wrong with the decorations on the ship. I love the lay-out of the ship. I am a big time cruiser and I have always had fun on all of the ships I have cruised on.

I love Las Vegas too. The beauty of the bright lights of the strip.

Don't pay attention to what anybody says... including me. lol.

Funny that so many people talk about the decor. You're only staying there a few nights, not buying it. Blue carpets and purple walls wouldn't be my choice at home, but I also visit friends who decorate their homes in ways that I wouldn't. I couldn't care less what the ship looks like, as long as it's clean, the service and the food is good and the ship is well maintained.

That said, the Spirit is a wonderful ship. I think because of its layout and size it seems a lot less crowded than some of the bigger ships. Service has always been fantastic. I don't rate a ship as much as I rate the "cruise experience," but I think I've had a much better experience on the Spirit than on most of my others cruises. (Not that I'm complaining about any of the cruises I've been on)

Archived