Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

wolfatlga

I'm a bit puzzled by the pricing of this package - I'm on a 6 night cruise and I went to order it, it say from $108, which is $18 per day, but when I click Purchase Now it says it is $124.20 per person with a total (I assume gratuity) of $140.40.

Why is it $124.20 and not $108? Do these packages cost different amounts on different cruises?

The $124.20 us the $108 plus the 15% service charge. The $140.40 is an error and includes the service charge added twice. I've read, but not tried, that if you go through the purchase process you'll see the price gets corrected back to the $124.20 before you hit the final confirmation OK'ing the charge. Give it a try. The Premium Non-alcoholic package runs $18/night plus 15% so the $18 times 6 nights is the $108.

The $124.20 us the $108 plus the 15% service charge. The $140.40 is an error and includes the service charge added twice. I've read, but not tried, that if you go through the purchase process you'll see the price gets corrected back to the $124.20 before you hit the final confirmation OK'ing the charge. Give it a try. The Premium Non-alcoholic package runs $18/night plus 15% so the $18 times 6 nights is the $108.

Perfect it does! That's a bit odd though, and not good for business, I almost changed my mind when I saw $140!!

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

First time on Celebrity Solstice, Western Carribean, March 18, 2012.

My main drink is bottled water at work, bottled or tap water at home, close to a gallon a day. One big coffee in the morning, occasionally one at night with a dessert. Alcohol - never.

My last cruise I did not buy a package and I was just as happy to save $ with the regular coffee, juice, iced tea on ship and since I was was on Princess to Alaska, in the US, I could buy at least a 6 pack of water in the ports each day for not very much $.

This time I am throwing caution to the wind, getting the premium non-alcoholic because I also enjoy good teas and really good coffees and I am interested in trying things that I normally don't have and maybe a smoothie or two. I have researched enough to know that the price of the package compared to the cost for each will be worth it to me this time, and also for convenience, as some others say, not having to worry about the cost for each cup of Italian coffee or the other drinks I may try.

My question has to do with quantity. Can I go to one of the bars (or where?) and ask for two or three bottles of water at a time to take back to my room, the pool, off the ship to the beach? What are the policies with that?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

We have had that package 3 times and love it. I doubt they will let you have more than one at a time, but we just went to another bar and purchased a further drink. If we were in Oceanview for lunch we would get a drink from the waiter to have with the meal, pick up a tinned drink (Red Bull) from the bar. We would then go to Cafe al Bacio for a leisurely latte, and then get another coffee or soft drink to take back to the cabin.

Richard

It depends on how much of the included items you drink. We've found we do better paying as we go.

Also, if you are interested in "specialty coffee" might I ask what you consider a "specialty coffee"?

My point in asking this is that even though Celebrity uses this term in their package distinctions they do not have a definition of what a specialty coffee is. So if your primary interest is espresso, latte, cappuccino type coffees the Classic package might be just fine for you as these are included in both packages.

Finally, my advice is if you are at all uncertain as to whether a package is "worth it" or right for you then wait until you are on the ship and take a day to check out the beverages, prices and your drinking patterns. You can do pay as you go to start and if you decide you'd rather have the package you can buy it a day or two into the cruise at a price pro-rated for the remainder of the cruise.

BTW - Celebrity has no coffee card so the only way to get the upscale extra charge coffees is to either pay as you go or buy one of the unlimited beverage packages.

I saw one posted on someone else's photo site at: http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_Aaaum#891894624_SCNbe

Maybe you all can help. I paid for the classic non alcoholic package and I cannot get a straight answer regarding which coffees are included. Will I be able to get something like a caramel macchiato with my package?

I would really appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Ashley

Maybe you all can help. I paid for the classic non alcoholic package and I cannot get a straight answer regarding which coffees are included. Will I be able to get something like a caramel macchiato with my package?

I would really appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Ashley

Yes. Any and all coffees that don't include a shot of alcohol are included. I had about two dozen of these the last time I bought that package. Yum!

From the Celebrity website:

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Coffees (e.g. espressos, lattes and cappuccinos) and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

• 4 months later...
This may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know for sure if non-alchoholic beer is included in the premium non-alchoholic package?

I would doubt it, as I believe they are not truly non-alchoholic.

Might be wrong though.

Regarding the non alcoholic package: with 2 packages, is it possible/acceptable to get 2 tonic waters and then pay for a neat double gin, or would the G&Ts need to be ordered as full drinks? Anyone done this?

Never thought I'd be asking this question but had the premium alcoholic package and drank far too much, so wouldn't have it again. Nice while you're enjoying the drinks but not so nice next morning :o.

I would doubt it, as I believe they are not truly non-alchoholic.

Might be wrong though.

I asked the same question about non-alcoholic wine. I contacted Celebrity on 15th June, but haven't had a reply yet. We're not sailing till October, so I'm letting it ride for the moment, but I'll get in touch later if they don't respond.

This may sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know for sure if non-alchoholic beer is included in the premium non-alchoholic package?

I've just had the following response from Celebrity about non-alcoholic wine:

"Unfortunately, non alcoholic wines are not part of either of our non alcoholic packages. This is due to the cost per drink being more for non alcoholic wine than for the other beverages listed in the package. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your understanding."

I don't know whether that's the same for non-alcoholic beer.

I've never had a package but I know people who have both had non-alcoholic beer and wine covered by their packages and those that have had it refused. Bottom line is that interpretation of this is inconsistent. Your best bet is to ask on board. If this is the deciding factor for your getting a package then wait until you check it out on board.

Edited by Lsimon

• 2 years later...