Leaving luggage at the Port early???

Hi Susie,

Emailed PG over the weekend, their reply below. Havemanaged to get earlier transfer. Contact "Marama". we are being picked up at 11am, see if they can get you on the way (as we pass Manava). Say you know that we are down for pick up etc.:)

Good Morning,

You may drop your luggage at the pier however Paul Gauguin will not be responsible for it. If you wish to take it someplace secure, the airport has luggage lockers that you may use at an additional cost .

Thank you,

Sarah Rimbaugh

Hi Susie,

Emailed PG over the weekend, their reply below. Havemanaged to get earlier transfer. Contact "Marama". we are being picked up at 11am, see if they can get you on the way (as we pass Manava). Say you know that we are down for pick up etc.:)

Good Morning,

You may drop your luggage at the pier however Paul Gauguin will not be responsible for it. If you wish to take it someplace secure, the airport has luggage lockers that you may use at an additional cost .

Thank you,

Sarah Rimbaugh

I wouldn't do it. I'd be scared to death at all my things would disappear or be strewn all over the street. Doesn't the hotel you're staying at offer anything - like a pool, beach access, anything? We paid so much for our hotel that we plan to stay there and enjoy the amenities. There will be a bit of a lag between hotel checkout and leaving for the ship but they have a secure place at the hotel to leave the bags until they pick us up to go to the ship at 2:30 so there will be plenty of time to check out the pier activities after boarding.

Whatever you all decide to do it will all work out! Soon we'll all be there in paradise. :cool:

The pier is somewhat cordoned off from the public but my real fear would be that my bag would be sent off with the departing passengers who leave around 12-1.00 and I would have to chase it around Tahiti.

The pier is somewhat cordoned off from the public but my real fear would be that my bag would be sent off with the departing passengers who leave around 12-1.00 and I would have to chase it around Tahiti.

Thanks everyone for advise, I don't think we will risk it.

I was asking on the chance that someone had actually done it safely.....I to, would only feel it was safe if I had the assurance of fellow cruise mates past positive experience.

I would imagine it would be quite safe. It's certainly not going to be strewn around on the street.

The embarkation area is behind a security fence, to start with. The outgoing baggage is laid out on the dock, under a big tent. I suspect they would have a way of keeping it separate and distinguishable.

On the other hand, you might just want to leave your baggage at the hotel, and come back for it later. Myself, unless there was some great Heiva festival thing going on, I would just chill at the hotel. I suspect Papeete is going to be very crowded if there are festival events going on.

Archived