Fantasy missis Bahamas today

welldone60

Some friends of ours sailed on the Fantasy from Charleston yesterday and were to dock in Nassau this mourning. The ship was diverted to Miami for a medical emergency this mourning and after getting the person off, had a day at sea.

If Fantasy left from Charleston yesterday (Saturday), wouldn't today (Sunday) be a day at sea? :confused:

Yes it hasn't even gotten to Nassau yet. They should not miss anything at all since they would have been far from Florida today.

Some friends of ours sailed on the Fantasy from Charleston yesterday and were to dock in Nassau this mourning. The ship was diverted to Miami for a medical emergency this mourning and after getting the person off, had a day at sea.
What? :confused:

On this itinerary, Sunday is a sea day anyway. The ship is not due in to Nassau until Monday.

she was texting her sister. I got the info mixed up. The ship was sailing to Miami to disembark the person, they were told they would miss thier first port, which is Nassau. They do not mind having another sea day. They heard it was a crew member but not positive.

Just hope whoever it is has a full recovery.

as per john heald:

"Last night the Carnival Fantasy had to go to Port Canaveral to disembark someone who was in urgent need of medical attention. The ship will now unfortunatley miss Nassau and our thoughts are with the person now in an ICU in hospital."

If this is a Nassau, Freeport sailing, I would hope they would skip Freeport and not Nassau.

Much, much more to do in Nassau than Freeport.

Also much better for those who just like to wander off the ship and look around or shop. (since you need a 15-20 minute cab ride to get to anything in Freeport)

Bill

Why did they just not bring a helicopter in and take them off the ship? It would be faster and more efficient than going to port canaveral. Thoughts and prayers go to the person and I hope a full and speedy recovery.

Why can't they make it to nassua. They might have to shorten the stay but skip it all together. Makes no sense as it not that far away.

I am the sister of the one who was texting. Originally they thought they would go to Miami for the emergency but Coast Guard instructed them to go to Port Canaveral. I'm not sure why he or she was not airlifted. This particular itinerary is a 7 day out of Charleston and will be going to Half Moon and Grand Turk. They are just happy the missed port was Nassau rather than the other two. We all know how stories can change but they were told a crew member collapsed but no explanation as to why. I just hope that the person is going to be okay and that the passengers onboard are being understanding about the itinerary change.

I am the sister of the one who was texting. Originally they thought they would go to Miami for the emergency but Coast Guard instructed them to go to Port Canaveral. I'm not sure why he or she was not airlifted. This particular itinerary is a 7 day out of Charleston and will be going to Half Moon and Grand Turk. They are just happy the missed port was Nassau rather than the other two. We all know how stories can change but they were told a crew member collapsed but no explanation as to why. I just hope that the person is going to be okay and that the passengers onboard are being understanding about the itinerary change.

if anything, it should make for some interesting reading when the ship gets back. some people don't want their trip interrupted for nothin'.

My sister texted me this morning and said they issued everyone a refund in form of shipboard credit for missing Nassau .... the amount was only 66 cents. I would have been more than understanding about missing the port but it would have been nice to have at least been compensated enough to buy a drink.

By H82seaUgo

if anything, it should make for some interesting reading when the ship gets back. some people don't want their trip interrupted for nothin'.

By angelkisses

My sister texted me this morning and said they issued everyone a refund in form of shipboard credit for missing Nassau .... the amount was only 66 cents. I would have been more than understanding about missing the port but it would have been nice to have at least been compensated enough to buy a drink.

Now we know what Nassau is worth....lol. I am sure there is some complaining going on the ship.

Now we know what Nassau is worth....lol. I am sure there is some complaining going on the ship.

I am sure you are correct. It amazes me that some folks think any inconvenience or disappointment should result in compensation, even if the inconvenience was not caused by Carnival.:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure all literature states that ports are not guaranteed, therefore, compensation should not be expected. Yes, I am sure it is disappointing, but people know the rules when they sail.

I actually had it wrong instead of Nassau being worth .66 it was only worth .61! I think when we skipped Costa Maya they reimbursed us 15.00 or so for the refund of taxes and fees on that port. I bet they would have had alot less complaining if they didnt issue anything as of issuing .61 a person. I just hope the person who needed the medical treatment is okay. That ship was scheduled to be back in Charleston today.

We just got off the Fantasy today. ABout 2:00 pm on Sunday we made a big turn and around 4 the captain came on to tell us we were heading to Port C to get the staff member to the hospital.

At dinner that night, they announced it was our maitre d, and that he had a heart attack. Said the first medical staff was there in 55 seconds after the called the code. It was right outside the lido buffet.

We did get the .61 credit for missing Nassau. Folks that booked private tours and hotels were faxing the captains letter from the ship trying to get refunds. Sad for everyone.

Archived