How Many Nights Would You Eat in the Steakhouse on a 7 Night Cruise?

Never, zilch, nada. Not on a Carnival cruise or any other of the 5 cruise lines we've sailed over 30+ cruises now.

DH & I will try some of the lesser priced specialty restaurants on NCL cruises from time to time but the higher end priced restaurants like the steak houses just don't tempt us on any line.

We would rather skip the pricey specialty restaurants and use that cash to purchase some great food in some good retaurants in the ports we visit.

Dianne

there usually is a night where we don't like anything on the menu. Outside of ordering he anytime stuff, we prefer to do the supper club that night. For us, it is carribean night. You might try to ask what the menus are like to pick a night where you'd rather be in the steak house.

For us, formal nights are out as we like lobser and prime rib. The first night also usually is pretty good, especially if they still have those large fried shirmp on the skewers.

DITTO!! One night on the night we don't care for what's on the menu in the MDR.

Lets be honest. Do you really want to have steak every nite for 7 nites? Once or twice for myself. I also thought it was worth every penny. Enjoy your cruise. :)

I couldn't handle that either!

I enjoyed chicken, lobster, and sea bass (on 3 different nights ;)) with lamb on another night. So only 3 nights where I was MOOING as I left the place! :)

Tom

I did a 7 day solo on Glory.

Ate at steakhouse 1st night, Chef's table 3rd night, back

at the steakhouse 5th and 6th nights.

Next solo I'll do steakhouse every night. Awesome food and service.

When DW and I cruise together it seems we manage 1 or 2 nights

only.

:cool::cool:

Hey TEF - you don't drive a Range Rover do you? I saw one at Publix a couple weeks ago and the plate said TEF (and something else). I instantly thought of you.

Tom

Tom,

Nope, twasn't me. I have a Publix on the corner here in Jax Beach, don't need to drive all the way to Cocoa.

Tom,

Nope, twasn't me. I have a Publix on the corner here in Jax Beach, don't need to drive all the way to Cocoa.

A1A is a nice long road... not sure why I thought you lived in our neck of the woods!! :o

Tom

Lets be honest. Do you really want to have steak every nite for 7 nites? Once or twice for myself. I also thought it was worth every penny. Enjoy your cruise. :)

I couldn't handle that either!

I enjoyed chicken, lobster, and sea bass (on 3 different nights ;)) with lamb on another night. So only 3 nights where I was MOOING as I left the place! :)

Tom

My guys may eat steak multiple nights, but I may have it 1 night at the most. There's 5 other options that look better to me. I do think the menu is lacking in the dessert section. We may need to eat earlier, then go to the MDR at our assigned time, just to order dessert. :p Just so we're aware of our options, where else can we get a good dessert on the ship around 8:30 pm or so? I'm all about dessert. :D

My guys may eat steak multiple nights, but I may have it 1 night at the most. There's 5 other options that look better to me. I do think the menu is lacking in the dessert section. We may need to eat earlier, then go to the MDR at our assigned time, just to order dessert. :p Just so we're aware of our options, where else can we get a good dessert on the ship around 8:30 pm or so? I'm all about dessert. :D

Just give me a nice brownie sundae, and I would be a happy camper. The chocolate sampler (or whatever it's called) in the steakhouse is very good. Aside from that, there are desserts available (though I can't say what the hours are) which are pretty good for an extra cost elsewhere on the ship.

Tom

We usualyy do it once, but after viewing the latest 7 day menus as used on th eMagic with the new burger and fried chicken everydays, we're thinking about 2 nights at the steakhouse. If we were "your time" dining, I'd do 3 including the first night. But even the SH menu can get boring and overdone quickly if used too many times per cruise. Which is why the Chef's Table night is a great alternative.

... But even the SH menu can get boring and overdone quickly if used too many times per cruise. Which is why the Chef's Table night is a great alternative.

... though we have done the Chef's Table 4 times, and the menu is pretty much static. We were going to do it again on the Valor, but did not want to invest 3 hours in a tired (to us at least) menu. There are enough options in the steakhouse to mix it up a bit, and for those who are known to be in there every evening, the chef is usually happy to prepare some "special" items!

Tom

We have 2x planned for our upcoming trip, but I doubt we will keep the 2nd resi if we don't LOVE it the 1st night. Even if we do love it, I think twice would probably be our limit. Like others have said, I will be worried I'm missing something good in the MDR!

Archived