Favorite thing to do on sea days?

I_heart_vaca

My husband and I are looking forward to our first Princess cruise - the 10/29 repositioning cruise on the CB from NY to FLL. Please share what your favorite Sea Day activities are on Princess ships.

Thanks!

Our favorite activity on a Sea Day or not . Just sitting in a lounger by the back outdoor pool and reading a book or two. We cruise to relax , not to run from activity to activity.:cool:

My list would include many of the things others have listed above ... plus Pub Lunch. :D

OK, I consider myself a pretty experienced Princess cruiser, our 12th is coming up, but what is the Pub Lunch?

BTW, I also love sea days which is why we chose the Southern itinerary that leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale for this fall. Sleep in late, read a lot, hit the gym and take advantage of the spa specials. My husband tries to find a game of ping pong.

OK, I consider myself a pretty experienced Princess cruiser, our 12th is coming up, but what is the Pub Lunch?

BTW, I also love sea days which is why we chose the Southern itinerary that leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale for this fall. Sleep in late, read a lot, hit the gym and take advantage of the spa specials. My husband tries to find a game of ping pong.

Pub Lunch is English food such as fish & chips which is only served on sea days. It is served in the Wheelhouse Bar .On some ships it may be served in the Crown Grill. Check the patter for location and time. It is free.

Pub Lunch is English food such as fish & chips which is only served on sea days. It is served in the Wheelhouse Bar .On some ships it may be served in the Crown Grill. Check the patter for location and time. It is free.

Beat me to it. Yes, usually in the Wheelhouse or Crown Grill, or I heard on some ships it's in the Explorer's lounge. They usually serve fish and chips, bangers and mash (sausage and potatoes), shepard's pie and a Ploughman's lunch (usually hard sausage, cheeses, fruit and bread of some kind.) I've heard there may be more options being added on some ships, or that they may change it up if there's more than one sea day.

Oh, and the food service is free; you pay for beverages (they also offer Guiness for Pub Lunch.) It's only on sea days, and is usually offered from about 11:30 until 1:30 or 2:00 (it seems to vary ship to ship, but the schedule is always in the Patter.)

Have fun!

The Promenade decks on the Sapphire/Diamond Princess are also wide with teak loungers. It's a pity that the other Grand-class ships aren't as wide...

5812454516_b57164a350_z.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Promenade Deck by RickEk, on Flickr

We LOVE sea days--wouldn't book a cruise without any!

Thanks for the info on the Sapphire's Promenade deck; we'll be on her for the first time on the California Coastal in September. I think I spotted a lounger with my name on it for the two sea days in your picture!

"How lovely it is to do nothing and rest afterwards."

That's actually on a birthday card I recently bought at Trader Joe's...I think the sentiment could also be on a Bon Voyage card. :)

GREAT quote! Doing nothing well is a great art and, thanks to sea days, I'm learning to be a great artist!

Happy Sails...

Sitting on my balcony with a nice iced bottle of chardonay. Binocs are always along side.

I can stare at the open ocean and gently swaying ship for hours on end.

I'm willing to do a test to see how many days I could last doing this all day long.

Love sea days on Princess. Sleep late, go to a lecture, a movie, have lunch in the IC, go to book club (many people aren't aware that Princess has a book club on most cruises), and read my books. Now that I have a Kindle, it's great. When we board, we talk to the CD and ask for a spot in a lounge for a "Needle Arts" informal get-together. The Princess CDs always accommodate us and put a notice in the Patter; sometimes, more than 40 people show up with everything from knitting, crocheting, tatting, beading, etc. When we've cruised other cruiselines, they look at us blankly. We were on a Sydney-to-LA cruise and people looked for yarn shops in New Zealand so they could join us and learn how to knit or crochet.

We're talking the Sapphire 28-day R/T from LA next year and I think there are something like 19 sea days. Whoo hoot! WTG Princess!

Archived