Summit Bermuda 5/29-6/5/11 First time cruisers Review

Smitty83

Smitty83- Thanks for the wonderful review- even better because this was your first cruise (and I'm sure it won't be your last LOL).

We are sailing the Summit July 17 for our DD's wedding. Do you know if the officers that you had will be onboard in July? I know that sometimes they rotate on and off every few months. We're hoping that the Captain (who will perform the wedding ceremony) is personable and speaks English well LOL! Several cruisers have posted that the current Captain is very friendly and "out and about" with the passengers. He'd be perfect for the wedding!

Also- thank you in advance for posting the dailies- and we all know how time consuming this will be- especially if work has piled up while you were away! We can be patient!

Hi Anne, Darn, Sheila and I have booked June 19th (just last Tues.) so we'll be getting off as you get on. How have you been? How are the eyes?

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

I am so sorry I will miss the two of you. It's been too long.

The eyes are an ongoing problem. I now have 3 ophthalmologists for the various problems. Getting old is such fun. :eek:

Hope you and Sheila can STAY WELL this time. Have a wonderful cruise.

Anne :)

Hi Anne, I will just miss you as my Mom and I are booked on the 3 July. Hope all is well and you are able to go. Jill

Hi Jill,

Glad to see you are cruising with your Mom. You are so lucky to have her around.

I have hopes of seeing the group in December. Not sure, but looking at Enchantment. It would be great to see everyone again.

Enjoy Summit.

Anne

Smitty83- Thanks for the wonderful review- even better because this was your first cruise (and I'm sure it won't be your last LOL).

We are sailing the Summit July 17 for our DD's wedding. Do you know if the officers that you had will be onboard in July? I know that sometimes they rotate on and off every few months. We're hoping that the Captain (who will perform the wedding ceremony) is personable and speaks English well LOL! Several cruisers have posted that the current Captain is very friendly and "out and about" with the passengers. He'd be perfect for the wedding!

Also- thank you in advance for posting the dailies- and we all know how time consuming this will be- especially if work has piled up while you were away! We can be patient!

It's a little iffy. He mentioned being on for a few more weeks, but I'm not clear on exactly when he will depart. He's on a 3 months on/3 months off schedule, and I'm sure he'll be back for the drydock in January.

Sorry I can't help. I know he was fairly specific on when he leaves but I don't remember. Maybe someone else does.

His English is very good with a Greek accent.

I would like to second the OP's view of this cruise, it was extremely good.

Just a couple of additional points.

Didn't go to many shows, but the featured violinist put on a really great show with a lot of interaction and a very wide range of musical styles.

The only negative we had was that the chair hogs were out in force. I noticed some effort by the pool butlers to control the situation, but it is just too little to really help the bad situation especially in the T-Pool area. I don't know what a workable solution is to this ongoing problem with these rude individuals, but I hope some bright person somewhere figures one out. It certainly doesn't ruin my cruises, but when most everything else is so nice something like this sticks out like a sore thumb.

Pathetic? I think not! I have nothing booked till NEXT MAY:eek:

Now THAT is pathetic;).....I bought 2 passages while on Century

and I am still trying to figure out what to do. I am sure you saw

my "Thanksgiving Thread".....well, not sure I want to wait till

November. So, as they say, we are in the same boat....groan...LOL

Lois- why don't you go on the Southern Caribbean Nov 12. I would love to finally meet you

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a detailed review. We are scheduled for same cruise on June 19 and are first time cruisers. It really helps to get a feel for things by reading the reviews.

I will look forward to reading your dailies. Thanks again!

Lois- why don't you go on the Southern Caribbean Nov 12. I would love to finally meet you

Hi Ilene,:) that has been in my thought process too....

Hi Jill,

Glad to see you are cruising with your Mom. You are so lucky to have her around.

I have hopes of seeing the group in December. Not sure, but looking at Enchantment. It would be great to see everyone again.

Enjoy Summit.

Anne

Yes Anne, the Enchantment Dec. 5th would be great. Sheila and I are booked and Jill and Joe and Bonnie and John. Should be a fun group. Come!!! (Sheila and I both wrote to you with the same information at the same time!!without even talking to each other about your posts). Sorry to hear that your eyes are such a problem.

Jackie

Hi Jill,

Enjoy Summit.

Anne

That would be fantastic! Please try it will be great fun I'm sure. Jill

Archived