Pictures of Solstice Oceanview Cabin with beds by the closet?

elena7seas

Does anyone have a picture they could post of an Oceanview (non-veranda) stateroom on the Solstice class ships that has the beds by the closet/bathroom? If you have a picture of the beds set up as singles, that would be even better.

I'm trying to get a sense of how cramped this room might look. I have seen a picture of the Oceanview rooms with the beds by the window.

Thanks!

Don't have a photo, but here's a link to what I think you're looking for. . .

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2883501690039038746nWtPZx

Thanks NHRedSoxFan:

That picture was kind of a shock. I have never seen a photo of a Solstice class cabin before without a sofa in it. That room looks SO small.

The room I have booked has a 3rd berth, so I'm not sure what it will look like.

Does anyone else have a picture of an Oceanview room with the beds by the bathroom that has a sofa in it? or one that has a 3rd berth?

Thanks!

The cabin pictured above is a forward facing cabin. It is not typical of OV cabins. Here are some pics of cabin 3110, which is a triple. If you have a 'third berth', it will be the couch.

3110.jpg

3110-2-1.jpg

There is really no difference between this cabin and a verandah cabin, except you have a window instead of sliding door. the spaceand arrangement is the same. EM

There is really no difference between this cabin and a verandah cabin, except you have a window instead of sliding door. the spaceand arrangement is the same. EM

I thought the oceanview rooms were 177sq feet while verandah is 194sq feet?

Or is that different on the Solstice than the Equinox?

I can't say what the sizes are, I usually find what the brochure says is misleading. I usually have a tapemeasure along, but these cabins are so irregular in shape that I didn't bother. My cabin was a C3, and looked like this except it had the balcony.

Cabin 9310

9310-1.jpg

9310-2.jpg

If theis cabin appears more roomy, keep in mind that different cameras show things differently. I did not take the pictures of 3110. but I did take these, with a camera with a wide angle lens, giving more of the cabin in one shot. EM

The cabin pictured above is a forward facing cabin. It is not typical of OV cabins. Here are some pics of cabin 3110, which is a triple. If you have a 'third berth', it will be the couch.

3110.jpg

3110-2-1.jpg

Essiesmom,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post the pictures. This is what I had in my mind when I booked the Oceanview for my daughters and 4-year old granddaughter. What was most important to me at the time I booked was that I didn't want my granddaughter to be able to let herself out on the veranda in the middle of the night.

I know this is an irrational fear, as there is a child-safe lock high up on the door frame, but sometimes you just worry unnecessarily :o.

Ariawoman: I know that the Celebrity website says that the Oceanview staterooms are 177 sq. ft., which is what that other picture posted by NHRedSoxFan looks like, but I can't really see that the cabins in the pictures that Essiesmom posted would be smaller than the regular veranda size of 194 sq. ft.

to--NHRedSoxFan--Thank you for posting sites for pictures of ov cabins that face the bow.---Ihave booked a forward facing cabin on a S class ship--according to the brochure the cabin does not include a couch or convertible bed--A celeb rep said thet they were great--Rather than smaller than a regular port or starbard ov it appears larger--a sitting area with 2 chairs and a table--then a bed --then another chair at the desk with the mirror(next I assume are closets and a bathroom)I have been in ov cabins on M class ships and find that the conv. bed table and chair combo lacking in space or utility for 2 people.---We also find more usable space in the ov cabin as compared to balcony because you can store every day items on the window ledge.we find thebalcony cabin confining as compared to deck chairs on the ship.--thanks again

to--NHRedSoxFan--Thank you for posting sites for pictures of ov cabins that face the bow.---Ihave booked a forward facing cabin on a S class ship--according to the brochure the cabin does not include a couch or convertible bed--A celeb rep said thet they were great--Rather than smaller than a regular port or starbard ov it appears larger--a sitting area with 2 chairs and a table--then a bed --then another chair at the desk with the mirror(next I assume are closets and a bathroom)I have been in ov cabins on M class ships and find that the conv. bed table and chair combo lacking in space or utility for 2 people.---We also find more usable space in the ov cabin as compared to balcony because you can store every day items on the window ledge.we find thebalcony cabin confining as compared to deck chairs on the ship.--thanks again

It looks like a nice cabin. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Archived