Hypothetical Cabin "switceroo" question

Sailing in about a month. Group of 40 going on Miracle.

My cousins GF of 6 years broke up with him and she may only see $40 back. I have a female friend who may want to take her place but wants to bunk with other friends going in the group. We have a triple of men who can split up to make 2 doubles complete so the ladies can be together.

Do we switch everyone before we go? It would involve 5 people. Or do we add my friend to my cousins cabin and switch at check-in or on board? Which is most cost effective AND is it possible to switch on board?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!! :)

Carnival does not care where you sleep once onboard, so if the cabin she wants to sleep in has a extra bed, np.. but does it have a extra bed??

As far as price, so many unknowns. Are you booked early saver or the higher group rate. If group rate, for $50 you can change names, if ES then no name changes are allowed, you are out of luck.

Since you sail in a month, many options are now gone.

There's no problem switching on board. Just have the two people go to guest services and they will issue you keys to the appropriate cabins. We did this last year when DH and I booked two cabins under a past guest rate. We each booked with one of our kids (who weren't past guests) and then switched rooms once on board.

Apparently this is done so frequently that the room steward even had the beds already set up in the appropriate configurations, with the beds together in the parents' room and apart in the kids' room.

The questions that are important are .. how many beds in each cabin.

What rate is everyone booked at.

It would involve switching 3 cabins. The triple GUYS split into 2 doubles. One male is already booked in a double because his GF cancelled. Then put the double GIRLS into the triple plus the new girl taking the cancelled girls place.

The rates do not matter to the people involved, they just don't want to lose all the $$ for the cancelled person. I realize there is a $50 fee to change an existing person.

My question is...... Should we pay $50 pp to change and add names (if possible) OR change/add person who cancelled to new person, then just switch on board. Will the ship allow this?

I believe there is no ES rate for these cabins.

Am I being clear - I am trying!! Thanks again!!!

If you can change names for $50 do it. As long as there are cabins which have the right number of beds, once onboard the pursers desk will switch the keys around however you wish.

As long as the beds can be worked out on paper, you can all go to the pursers desk and they, at the least will issue key cards, which just get you into a different cabin. Your S&S card is not attached to your cabin, so it doesnt matter where you sleep. Usually the pursers desk will switch the accounts around totally and then you dont have to carry around two cards, one to charge with and one to get into a cabin to sleep.

A few times people have reported they only issued the key cards and they had to carry two cards around all week, not that much extra bother really.

The key cards cant be used to purchase anything, they are only good for entry into a specific cabins. (sometimes parents ask for them to their kids room, so its not that unusual a request).

Usually they will switch all the accounts, though its a lot of work for them.

The rates do not matter to the people involved, they just don't want to lose all the $$ for the cancelled person. I realize there is a $50 fee to change an existing person. !

The rate matters because IF you are booked as an ES rate you can not make changes.

If booked as a Fun SAver rate ir will only cost 50.00 to do the name change.

We do this all the time when we cruise with large groups. We had a very similar situation for our sons wedding on the Dream. We printed up a spreadsheet with the changes and took it to the pursers desk when we boarded, along with all the keys that needed to be changed. They were thrilled we had done that much and the process took only 10 minutes. No charges if you wait and do it onboard.

Archived