Suite Perk re "Portrait"

uktog

Can anyone tell me what this involves - is it merely we do not queue up on formal night to get our picture taken or what? I am presuming we do not get a free copy of the family portrait!!!!

uktog, I haven't made use of this service on our cruises so far, but I know one thing for sure. It isn't free! As I understand it, you can arrange through your butler or the onboard photographers for them to attend a request to have a picture taken at you convenience. This could be pre-arranged to take place in your suite (balcony, cabin) or the location where they have the backdrop which is used for formal nights. Perhaps someone who has made use of this first hand can elaborate, but that is what I understand it to be.

Phil

I asked in Nov. when we had a suite on Mercury and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Hope you have better luck than we did. My understanding is that the only thing free is the timing of the picture, not the picture itself.

Marilyn

We did this on the Millie, it is simple and free. Just speak to one of the photographers and tell him/her you would like to make an appt to have a family portrait in your suite. He made an appt with us and came to our suite took some pictures, then went around the ship with us and took some more. Lasted probably 30-40 min. There was no charge for that and we purchased pictures we liked.

Donna

Excellent, thanks for the advice. I knew the pictures would not be free, but if the picture taking is more relaxed than the queue, smile, next then we might (??!!)) succeed in getting that elusive decent family picture!! We will sort it out for one of the formal nights

AJ

Archived