Icy Strait Point Tours

Overpacker

Wondering what tour companies are recommended in Icy Strait Point for Whale and Bear excursions

We did the Bear search tour with Phil from Brown Bear Lodge in late May. Even though it was VERY early in the season...we saw 3 bears!...all on the road..Got some excellent pix.

Phil is a great guy! We were out for 9 hours and he would have gone longer if we didn't have a tender to catch. He really loves what he does and knows a lot about the area.

The van was waiting for us when we docked. At first...it was just my wife and I....then another 2 ladies joined us. Phil said that he'd complete the whole tour if only 1 guest signed up....... They don't require a full van.

Here's a link.......it's a "Can't Miss" tour. We'll be doing it again, FOR SURE, next trip to AK....and, NO!....My name is not Phil....

http://brownbearlodge.com/contact_us.html

Hey there - we went Whale Watching with F.I.S.H.E.S. and it was unbelieveably AWESOME!! It was the highlight of our trip - we saw lots of whales and really close to the boat. You will find lots of good reviews on here and T.A. about F.I.S.H.E.S. You will have a great trip.

Hey there - we went Whale Watching with F.I.S.H.E.S. and it was unbelieveably AWESOME!! It was the highlight of our trip - we saw lots of whales and really close to the boat. You will find lots of good reviews on here and T.A. about F.I.S.H.E.S. You will have a great trip.

Glad to hear your review. We are also doing a tour with F.I.S.H.E.S in July- can't wait.

Wondering what tour companies are recommended in Icy Strait Point for Whale and Bear excursions

My family of 3 are booked July 13th with Glacier Wind Charters. Their tour seems to be a little longer and they only hold 6 passengers at one time. They do the whale watch and also go closer to shore for wildlife viewing. As FISHES, they also have good reviews.

Archived