Ruby Princess Grand Med - Just got back - Questions?

zenworks911

7am-10pm on our cruise.

What are the hours for the athletic center on board? I have the best intentions going into my cruise that I will keep up with my workout regime, but if the hours don't work with my schedule... well darn, I guess there's nothing I can do about it. :)

Am doing similar on Star in Sept but can you tell me if Princess still have the shuttle buses anywhere rather than having to do a full tour? I remember on our 1st princess cruise it made it easy to do some ports alone which we may not normally & even then they didn't advertise them. Thanks

I would appreciate it if one of you who recently sailed on the Ruby could tell me what is playing on MUTS. I am getting ready to load some movies on my iPad for the plane rides and don't want to purchase all the same movies that are playing on MUTS.

thanks

Hi there. We are going on the Ruby 8/8 venice to barcelona. I have a 5 year old daughter so we have booked first sitting dinner. Is this a good idea or will anytime dining be ok? We are booked for 6pm dining as the latest I could make her wait would be 6.30. Also what time are the shows and are they hard to secure a good seat? Could i take my 5 year old to shows or get her in the kids club after dinner?

Thanks

Are the lifts on Ruby Princess easily available or do they get overloaded and long waiting times?

G'day, we are going on Ruby soon, but 2 years ago was on Crown - sister ship to Ruby. Yes there were delays sometimes at the lifts, embarkation, shore tour time, dinner time, but not great delays, you may miss one lift, just wait a couple of minutes, what's the hurry, you are on a cruise.

Hi there. We are going on the Ruby 8/8 venice to barcelona. I have a 5 year old daughter so we have booked first sitting dinner. Is this a good idea or will anytime dining be ok? We are booked for 6pm dining as the latest I could make her wait would be 6.30. Also what time are the shows and are they hard to secure a good seat? Could i take my 5 year old to shows or get her in the kids club after dinner?

Thanks

Either your fixed seating or anytime would probably work for you. An advantage of the fixed seating is that the waitstaff will get to know you and your daughter and your preferences, for example, maybe having a glass of milk available for her when you arrive for dinner.

Also, sometimes there is enough demand for the early fixed seating dinner that they set up a second one in a different restaurant. If they have this, the second one may start at 5:45 or 5:30. If you would prefer this earlier time, have your travel agent (or Princess if you booked directly) check to see if the earlier time is available on your cruise.

The show for those who eat at 6:00 is usually around 8:15 PM. Some shows (mainly production shows) will be more popular and may be had to get seats when close to showtime. Others, such as comedians or singers, are less popular. Yes, you can take your 5 year old to the shows if you wish. Or, you can have her go to the kids club some or all evenings. Up to you and her.

If your daughter is not up to leisurely dinners, you can ask the waitstaff to bring her courses sooner and bring her up to the kids club whiloe you finish a more leisurely meal.

We had a wonderful time on the June 9 Barcelona-Venice cruise. Our tablemates at the 6:15 traditional seating had a 5 year old daughter. They brought her to the dining room with them. She ordered from the childrens menu, ate what she wanted, then at 7pm the Dad took her to the kids club. He returned shortly, enjoyed the rest of his dinner and the parents went to whatever entertainment they wished. It seemed to work really well for them. They did not do any of the big all day excursions. They'd get off the ship, but didn't wear the child out.

Archived