Sensation - Owner's Suite

Spurs Fans

I had a feeling that we might get a call to upgrade to the Owner's Suite for our upcoming July 10 cruise. The call came on Friday. We decided to go for it just for the experience. Never been on Carnival before, are there any perks other than VIP check-in? The suite looks nice, and I am a bit concerned about noise. Does anyone have any experience with this suite? Thanks!

If its the owners suite (not a OS suite), then its 975 s.f... yikes. Most of the upgrades are running $1K, $2K and even $3K .. whatever they can sell it at.

Its HUGE if its the owners suite.

No perks other than the VIP I get anyway.. enjoy.

PS I am pretty sure Tom and Cheryl had a whole thread on this suite if you do a search for owner's suite.

I had a feeling that we might get a call to upgrade to the Owner's Suite for our upcoming July 10 cruise. The call came on Friday. We decided to go for it just for the experience. Never been on Carnival before, are there any perks other than VIP check-in? The suite looks nice, and I am a bit concerned about noise. Does anyone have any experience with this suite? Thanks!

It's a VIP"+" check-in. They will walk you into the suite. Beyond that - it's business as usual as far as extra perks. In the past we, and some others, occasionally have received chocolate covered strawberries or fruit/wine baskets from the HD or similar.

We have been in there numerous times. The space is amazing - you should enjoy it!!

HERE is a link to some photos I took of that suite following the big remodel.

Tom

Actually, I had already checked out Tom and Cheryl's photos. Yes, that is the suite, there are two on board. We are looking forward to the extra,extra space.

Sweet! I mean, SUITE!

During the day you may hear a bit of the activity on Lido deck. Early morning you may hear chairs being moved around by the crew up top, or the occasional thud-thud-thud from a jogger on the track directly above your bed. At any rate, it's not particularly troublesome. We always bring a small fan and white noise machine (on ALL trips) to help with unwanted sounds.

ENJOY!

Tom

How does one get "a feeling" they are going to get called for the Owners Suite? lol I mean it's not like it is something that happens a lot.

After sailing in it a few times, we booked an extended GS, and I suspected that since we were in the highest "regular" category, that we would be prime candidates to get the call.

We did -- and took them up on it. Yes, more $... but MAN that is a nice space!

Tom

Good question about the "feeling." We were already booked in a suite category, so I just figured we might get a call. It is my understanding that these Owner's Suites are not listed on the public website and are offered as upgrades as the departure date gets closer. I certainly am not foolish enough to think that we are anybody special and I'm sure they were offered to others, just that we were one of the first two to jump on the offer. This is our first cruise on Carnival so we shall see how things work out.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I cruised on the Inspiration April 2010 with 24 family members. We were happy to upgrade to the Owner's Suite when it was offered, as it made for some great family get togethers. You will love it!

It was sometimes difficult to get rid of some of these family members, but...

What a fabulous room. We booked the Ecstasy out of NOLA in February 2012, and had some hopes of being offered the upgrade then. As it turns out the ship was changed to the Elation, which is the only Fantasy Class boat that does not have the two Owner's Suites.

Kevin C

... As it turns out the ship was changed to the Elation, which is the only Fantasy Class boat that does not have the two Owner's Suites.

Kevin C

There are actually two of that class which don't have the OS: the Elation and the Paradise.

HERE is a good summary of that class of ship.

Tom

We have wondered about the Owner's Suite. We would really like to try it some cruise. Is there any way to get it besides booking a high-category balcony on a rate that can be upgraded and crossing your fingers for an upgrade? Can you request it on the phone? I wonder if we could upgrade to it for our wedding cruise... Do they all have balconies? And is there any way to see where they are? They don't appear to be in the deck plans when I check Carnival's site.

We have wondered about the Owner's Suite. We would really like to try it some cruise. Is there any way to get it besides booking a high-category balcony on a rate that can be upgraded and crossing your fingers for an upgrade? Can you request it on the phone? I wonder if we could upgrade to it for our wedding cruise... Do they all have balconies? And is there any way to see where they are? They don't appear to be in the deck plans when I check Carnival's site.

Back in the "olden days" ( :D ) you had to call Reservations Administration. Now you can book them, from what I understand, by calling the regular 1-800# (though they apparently need to check with someone else).

There are only two of them on (all but 2) Fantasy class ships. They are on sports deck - and overlook Lido deck. When you get in one of the Atrium (glass) elevators, just go all the way up. Sports deck is where the gym and spa are. Each one has a small, but reasonably private, balcony (the best on the ship, IMHO). When you look at the deck plans online, the area where they are appears as nothing (blank space). Here is a picture I took of the emergency route out of the cabin:

106537762_qZ4qC-L.jpg

I see that you are going to be cruising VERY soon. Have a GREAT time!!

Tom

Good question about the "feeling." We were already booked in a suite category, so I just figured we might get a call. It is my understanding that these Owner's Suites are not listed on the public website and are offered as upgrades as the departure date gets closer. I certainly am not foolish enough to think that we are anybody special and I'm sure they were offered to others, just that we were one of the first two to jump on the offer. This is our first cruise on Carnival so we shall see how things work out.

Oh, but you ARE! Didn't they tell you all the reasons they chose to call YOU? :D

Just remembering the upsell call I've gotten 3 times now (and turned down 3 times) and all of the many reasons they gave why I was *special* enough to get their call. If money was no object, I'd love to try that Owner's Suite, but... :rolleyes:

Archived