Missing Muster

I've always wondered why that was such a big deal. I figure if you are dumb enough to sit without looking..you deserve to fall in. And if you insist that it be put down for just that reason..that should mean that we dont have to look before going either and if it gets wet.........

I just don't like looking in the toilet. And we have animals that would drink out of it, so we keep it down.

So here is the big question?

Don't you men lift the seat to go pee pee anyway?

And then put it down again?

So why not put down both?

Or do you just lift the lid and pee all over the seat?:eek:

cs

We missed one once because my Dad was ill. They simply put a form letter in our cabin recording the fact that we didn't attend (to protect them from liability, I assume). No one was required to stand in the hot sun waiting for us. Good grief!

How did my question lead to this "potty" talk?

I asked about missing muster and now it's become the forum for toillet seat ettiquette!

I wonder what would happen if i asked about toillet seats on the Naviagator?:)

First I have to say I never missed muster drill as I think it´s a safety regulation from other authorities than the cruise line and I see no reason to not follow this.

However on one of my cruises I attended the drill and reported my room number to the guy calling them out to check on his list. There must have ben some mistake somewhere as I got a letter delivered to my cabin later saying I had not attended the drill and there would be another drill held for all people who missed the first one.

So I think they take some controll over the lists and pay attention to people who miss it.

My family and I actually laughed our butts off at our Muster Drill. I mean, come on! A whole bunch of people standing there in a bunch of orange life vests, looking like they are getting ready to get on Noah's Ark. Not to mention, my family and I are not small people, so when I say that the vest was resting somewhere, you get the picture!!! I wish I would have had a camera. At the next Muster, we are taking pictures!!!!!!!

event.png

Even if you have been to dozens of muster drills, the odds that you have been to one on that specific ship, where you were staying in that exact location, and therefore assigned to the same muster station are not all that high. One of the main purposes of the muster drill is so people can at least have one way they are familiar with of getting to their muster station. Since that path often leads through crew areas or other normally restricted areas, it isn't usually feasible for a family to walk to their muster station on their own time to try to learn the route.

Just curious....

Has anyone intentionaly missed the "mandatory" muster drill on the first day.

If so' date=' what happened.

We have been through enough of these that I feel like making sure I know where it is located and avoiding all the formalities.[/quote']

Please don't torture the others on your cruise by "hiding." That sucks when everyone else is there waiting!

Did you know that on HAL the woman and children stand in the front and the men in the back?

celtic

It was that way on the Enchantment. I was just married (honeymoon) and they made my DH stand in the back while I was put more up front.

I kinda thought, hey I'm not going without HIM... :)

Same thing (sort of) happened to us on the Enchantment. My DD (11) and my DS (13) stood with me in the front, and their Dad was sent to the back. NOT a happy son. I explained to him that this was just a drill and not to worry.

BUT!!! Then a young couple came and they both got to stand in front of ME!!! Maybe is was the welcome drink talking, but I sure was thinking..."If this ship is going down, I'm SO shoving him out of my way!! LOL!!!"

One way that you could get around this is to have one person from your stateroom go, and when they call of they stateroom numbers, that one person can represent all of you, as they do not check individual persons. Just be sure to stay in your cabin, preferably on the balcony, becuase sometimes they check the cabins. This is what we usually do.

Now, muster is pretty early... but if you were able to get onboard early enough, I suppose...

But I witnessed this one couple (in their 40s...) attending the drill and HE was HOLDING HER UP while she giggled and staggered and slapped the crew's behinds (male and female)... He seemed embarrassed but we all thought it was RATHER funny that she was that drunk already.

At our last muster drill, my husband started singing (in a very soft voice) "The Good Ship Titanic" song. This is really funny, especially as he's a former Coast Guard officer.

The crew was having a good laugh about it, but some of the other passengers were giving him dirty looks. And, before anyone flames me, if something would have really happened, he would have been helping the crew getting people ready to disembark.

Refrain "Oh it was sad, it was sad when the great ship Titanic went down to the bottom of the sea."

He seemed embarrassed but we all thought it was RATHER funny that she was that drunk already.__________________

OHMY.........drunk so soon??????I can not believe that!:cool: ;)

PS....I plead the fifth..:p

One way that you could get around this is to have one person from your stateroom go, and when they call of they stateroom numbers, that one person can represent all of you, as they do not check individual persons. Just be sure to stay in your cabin, preferably on the balcony, becuase sometimes they check the cabins. This is what we usually do.

That just won't work. See, the reason for the drill is that you ALL know where to go in case of an emergency. Now if one goes to the drill and if something happens and you're all at diffenent places in the ship, you are supposed to go directly to that station, not back to the cabin to get your life vests. If the others in your family don't know where the station is, what good would that do?? Besides, don't know exactly which cruise line you were on, Gilligan's maybe, but every RCI cruise I've been on, they did an actual head count, BY NAME, for each person in each cabin. If you didn't show up, they knew who you were.

Stretch

On our last cruise (Serenade), the cabin numbers were marked right on the vest and as we walked to the muster station, we were stopped and each person was recorded as attending as we walked in. We did not have to wait while all the cabin numbers were called, it was much faster. So, this would not work to have one person attend as both my DH and I were checked separately.

Archived