Missing Muster

One way that you could get around this is to have one person from your stateroom go, and when they call of they stateroom numbers, that one person can represent all of you, as they do not check individual persons. Just be sure to stay in your cabin, preferably on the balcony, becuase sometimes they check the cabins. This is what we usually do.

This would be fine if the muster drill was just a formality but it isn't. It's the law and a matter of safety, yours and mine. In a real crisis, I don't want the crew diverted from saving me (my priority, frankly) because they have to go looking for you, who won't know where the heck to go if you're separated from your party when the alarm sounds. I'm sure that if anything horrible ever happened, it would be the families of these same people who would be suing the pants off the cruise lines because they didn't enforce the safety guidelines.

This would be fine if the muster drill was just a formality but it isn't. It's the law and a matter of safety, yours and mine. In a real crisis, I don't want the crew diverted from saving me (my priority, frankly) because they have to go looking for you, who won't know where the heck to go if you're separated from your party when the alarm sounds. I'm sure that if anything horrible ever happened, it would be the families of these same people who would be suing the pants off the cruise lines because they didn't enforce the safety guidelines.

We seem to share similar views on several topics. Good post!

Stretcg

I had no idea that asking an opinion about Muster could generate such emotional responses.:)

I have no intentions of missing it. :p I only wanted to know what others thought about it and if they ever missed what happended.

The range of responses is fascinating - from anger and outrage to anecdotal and helpful recounting of experiences.

Yes - Murphy's Law would come into play and that is why I always error on the side of caution. Of course Murphy's Law would have it that the Life Vest would not float or the Life Boat would sink too. But what are you gonna do.

I have enjoyed reading the many posts.

I must think of another question that will really spark these boards.

Just having fun and looking forward to planning my next cruise.:) :) :)

I had no idea that asking an opinion about Muster could generate such emotional responses.:)

Just having fun and looking forward to planning my next cruise.:) :) :)

Any good question can bring up a rousing debate' date=' with all sorts of answers, ideas, foiled plans, and uniformed advice. Thank's for this one, it had a good ride and I for one enjoyed participating.[/color']

Have a good cruise, and remember ..........................................

Don't be late for that muster drill. :D

Your friend,

Stretch

On our recent AOS cruise, the muster was the morning after we sailed due to the SupreBowl Sunday evening. To our surprise, our muster station was in the dining room. I guess while everyone boards a lifeboat, we get to eat and listen to music while the ship goes down. Shades of Titanic.;)

Lori, you are more observant than the rest of us! I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that. I'm presuming they meant diddos but who knows?

OMG......How embarrassing.......I guess we all know my mind is in the gutter.....Yes I meant Ditto’s....not......

Sorry, But at least we all got a laugh!!

If your not planning on showing up to the Muster because it cuts into your cocktail hour why not bring your drink with you. I did on our cruise and it passed the time nicely.

All joking aside it is so very important that everyone shows up for this exercise. Be safe and fun will follow...........

Buddy

Archived