Is more than one upgrade possible?

SanDiegoCoco

We got a great upgrade on our Emerald Princess cruise this October, booked a BF GTY, and last week got assigned C405 on the Caribe deck (a BA). Having read the recent thread about "Upgrade BF to Lido", I called Princess (we booked directly online with them) to mark it "no upgrade". The rep said that there would be no upgrades from now on for us, that what we got will not change. Has anyone had an experience to the contrary, and got a second upgrade? Do I need to call again and try to get another rep that will mark it as "no upgrade?"

Thanks for any info -

A second upgrade is possible, but not probable. Usually, when you are given a cabin assignment, that is where you will stay. I would suggest you keep your cabin marked no upgrades, that is unless you would be happy if you were upgraded to the worst cabin in a higher category, as that could also happen if by chance a second upgrade might come along. But I wouldn't hold your breathe on that second upgrade, as they are quite rare. ;)

A second upgrade only happened once to me and it was on my very first cruise back in 1992. We booked an obstructed view cabin. A few weeks before sailing, we were upgraded to an OV (unobstructed) cabin. When we arrived at the pier we found out Princess had upgraded us to a BA balcony. We certainly were thrilled, but that was 19 years ago this month. I have only heard of others being upgraded twice maybe two or three other times in the 19 years I have been sailing. As other posters have said, I think it's a very rare event.

Guess we're one of those rare lucky couples who have received two upgrades for the same cruise! We booked an interior (category K) on SB Coral Princess Alaskan cruise (coming up in less than 2 weeks). First upgrade was to OV (category DD) about 2 months ago. We were happy with the upgrade. Then a few days ago we got another email from our TA. We've been upgraded to a balcony room (category BC)!!! Granted, it's an uncovered balcony cabin (not recommended for Alaska) but we're not complaining...sure beats the interior we originally booked. Thank you Upgrade Fairy! :D

I would definitely call Princess again and ask to have your booking marked no upgrade if you are happy with your cabin. In my view, you have the best standard balcony there is. You are on Caribe deck (larger balcony and very quiet because you have cabins above and below you) and you are midship (less movement).

There is no need to tell the Princess customer rep the history of your booking, just insist that they mark it no upgrade. They will do it. It is possible, albeit unusual, to get a second upgrade. Sometimes their idea of an upgrade is not the same as yours.

Thank you everyone. I just called Princess again, and the rep that I got this time marked the booking "no upgrade" when I asked her to do so. Even if another upgrade would be unlikely, I am very happy with our current cabin, and didn't want to take a chance that it might be changed.

Glad it worked out for you. I realize it is risky, but if there was a higher cabin I might like, I would take the chance that I could decline the upgrade. Realizing that I might get what I don't want instead of the suite that I deserve. Only kidding.

Archived