Travel Insurance, not princess....

I have AAA membership and am wondering about the benefits of medical travel insurance while on board the ship....anyone used AAA or MEDEX, TravelEX any other company they reccommend???

Any issues if a claim has to be filed??? thanks.

I have AAA membership and am wondering about the benefits of medical travel insurance while on board the ship....anyone used AAA or MEDEX, TravelEX any other company they reccommend???

We've used both TravelEx and TravelGuard. We've had to make claims against both policies. TravelGuard responded most quickly, with fewer questions and less paperwork, but both came through eventually.

For us the medical insurance is the most crucial. We could absorb the cost of the air and cruise, but any major medical problems could wipe out a bank account pretty quickly!

The medical insurance you currently have will be primary. You apply to the travel insurance company for any balance remaining.

AAA is probably reliable. Never heard of the other two.

The following is a popular source for comparing travel insurance companies:

http://www.insuremytrip.com/index.html?linkId=DI874166

The medical insurance you currently have will be primary. You apply to the travel insurance company for any balance remaining.

This is not always true. If you have Medicare, for example, they are not going to cover any out-of-the country claims. If you have a plan that requires you to receive services from their physicians, they aren't going to cover you either.

You need to know what your policy covers. I live in a state where the medical portion of travel insurance is always primary, but you usually have an option to select this coverage if this is important to you.

Archived