Xpedition PH Room 503 query

TallFellow

All,

I am looking at the penthouse room on the XPedition, room 503 I believe, and have some questions if anyone has sailed in this room in the past.

The basic map of the room suggests it's simply two verandah rooms with a wall taken down between them on the far side, with two double beds together on one side and two murphy single beds on the other.

The pictures I have found online suggest there may be curtains which can be drawn on each side for privacy of the two bedroom areas. I am interested in any feedback people can provide about the level of privacy these curtains provide -- are they effective sound insulation (against snoring from the other side, etc.) as well as light insulation from the Veranda if someone is up too late partying with the tortoises?

Also, does it appear correctly there are two separate bathrooms for the suite as well; and if so, how do they differ? There are no photos I can find online of both bathroom enclosures; just the birds-eye view maps lifted off the Celebrity site's page.

Thanks for any feedback you may offer -- this may be a good way for our double party to obtain verandas on the ship.

Ian Poulin

Richmond Va.

You don't need verandah's on the xpedition...you are going to spend very little time in your cabin, other than sleeping and resting for the next day's events. There are only max 96 passengers on board..it's not as if you have to get away from the crowds....

Well, the information you didn't have is we have three people, so figure that the PH suite with a couple + 1 is going to be cheaper for us than two non-verandas with one holding a single supplement...

I know also the Lindbald/National Geographic Explorer carries two single/non-supplement rooms that also is an option we're looking at.

Ian

Archived