Help with Formal Night!!

blueyesdm

I'm having some serious issues finding a dress for formal night that is inexpensive yet pretty and flattering. I'm a size 16W right now and I may drop a size before I leave for my cruise on 5/8 but I can't guarantee that! So, does anyone know of any good places to shop online for some pretty dresses that don't cost an arm and a leg! Because I'm losing weight so most likely I'll only wear it one time anyways! I did find one dress at JCPenney but I still need another and I want to make sure this one is really snazzy!

This is my first cruise as well so I don't know what everyone dresses in...

I'm getting married the day we sail but I think I'm more stressed about what to wear on the cruise! haha

I had a black tie event to go to recently and was sick to death of everything in my closet.

I went to a consignement shop and found an ABS black halter neck full length dress for $21. I put a broach at the V in the front of the dress and one at the back right at the bottom where the backless ends.

I had more compliments on that $21 dress than any other dress I've ever worn.

My point is, I would try the consignment shops in your area.

Most people buy a formal and only wear it one time.

I don't know about you but I don't think I could order a formal off line because of the way they fit.

I agree that you should try e-bay. I recently bought (in a department store) a formal from a line called "Alex Evenings Woman" (or Women) and it is great -- very stretchy material, very sparkly, 2-pieces (jacket over a dress w/straps that is constructed to look like 2 pieces). Anyway, I paid 70% off the original price of $178. They can be found on e-bay for around $50-60 new with tags.

I recommend this dress because I'm a size 18W and the fit is very forgiving. I actually bought a size 14W, although I think a 16 or even an 18 would also fit. Thus you don't have to worry so much about whether it will fit you exactly or not.

Just go to ebay and type in Alex Evenings. It will show you all the dresses currently listed. They seem to come in many different color combinations. I'm actually thinking of buying a 2nd one because as I said the fit is so flattering, feels comfortable, and the material won't wrinkle. What more can you ask??

I agree that you should try e-bay. I recently bought (in a department store) a formal from a line called "Alex Evenings Woman" (or Women) and it is great -- very stretchy material, very sparkly, 2-pieces (jacket over a dress w/straps that is constructed to look like 2 pieces). Anyway, I paid 70% off the original price of $178. They can be found on e-bay for around $50-60 new with tags.

I recommend this dress because I'm a size 18W and the fit is very forgiving. I actually bought a size 14W, although I think a 16 or even an 18 would also fit. Thus you don't have to worry so much about whether it will fit you exactly or not.

Just go to ebay and type in Alex Evenings. It will show you all the dresses currently listed. They seem to come in many different color combinations. I'm actually thinking of buying a 2nd one because as I said the fit is so flattering, feels comfortable, and the material won't wrinkle. What more can you ask??

Just bought one off EBAy, big savings over Alight Web Site Price, if they are even still available.

Liz

Archived