Carnival tightens smoking on board for 3 lines

kiawahdon

Way over the top ....Smokers are "Killers"...what's next ? Genocidal terrorists ? As someone who has never smoked, I'll take smokers over zealots, any day.

The only thing that should "killed" is this inflammatory thread.

The sooner, the better.

Paging Host Dan.

Chacun a son gut.

For your information, I am not, never have been and never will be a zealot. But I do have detailed knowledge of the effects of primary and secondary tobacco smoke inhalation. Just read the science.

In fact I would defend to the last freedom of choice. Hence my suggestion that Seabourn could easily accommodate and protect smokers and non smokers interests without one impinging on the other.

What is unreasonable, extremely partisan or fanatical about that?

I have only sailed with Seabourn once ( 56 days trip) and enjoyed the experience very, very much but will never go back until they stop allowing people to smoke in the area where afternoon tea is served.

Seabourn staff put on a wonderful afternoon tea and to have it ruined by smokers is a crying shame.

If they ever change the smoking policy in the afternoon tea area I would be back to Seabourn in a flash.

I have only sailed with Seabourn once ( 56 days trip) and enjoyed the experience very, very much but will never go back until they stop allowing people to smoke in the area where afternoon tea is served.

Seabourn staff put on a wonderful afternoon tea and to have it ruined by smokers is a crying shame.

If they ever change the smoking policy in the afternoon tea area I would be back to Seabourn in a flash.

Which ship and which location did you experience this?

I have never seen smoking at afternoon tea on either of the types of ship that Seabourn has.

I have however seen fat people trying to get even fatter.:eek:

On the triplets afternoon tea is served in the observation lounge (or its equivalent) where smoking is allowed on the starboard side. I assume this is what jland is referring to.

You are right. Not only the triplets though. On Sojourn a few weeks ago afternoon tea was served in the Obs Lounge with smokers on the starboard side, complete with ashtrays and matches.

Smoking in the Observation Bar?

I will stop advocating for a smoking ban there shortly after I get confirmation from a medical doctor that breathing smokers' second hand smoke is good for my health.

On a related note, I see that as of Jan., 2012 HAL is banning smoking in all staterooms. Can Seabourn be far behind?

Happy sailing!

Lord of the Seas, afternoon tea is served in the observation lounge. I not sure how you could have been to afternoon tea and missed the smell of smoking.

I'm not sure what the weight of other passengers had to do with my post.

Lord of the Seas, afternoon tea is served in the observation lounge. I not sure how you could have been to afternoon tea and missed the smell of smoking.

I have had tea many times but served in the club where there was no smoking

Yes the Observation lounge does allow smoking at present but why would anyone go there to have tea, unless they enjoyed a cigarette with their sandwiches.

Archived