help me out "Eyre Mon)"

SeaScout

Can someone help me out here. Whenever I travel to the various islands in the Caribbean, the locals seem to engage me in conversation and at some point they will say "eyre mon" (eye-ree). Can somone please tell me what that means? I tried to do a web search and came up with the name "Eyre" related to Jamaica and revolution but I have no idea the current context of the phrase.

Just curious and it's bugging me that an immediate answer didn't pop up on google:confused:.

Can someone help me out here. Whenever I travel to the various islands in the Caribbean, the locals seem to engage me in conversation and at some point they will say "eyre mon" (eye-ree). Can somone please tell me what that means? I tried to do a web search and came up with the name "Eyre" related to Jamaica and revolution but I have no idea the current context of the phrase.

Just curious and it's bugging me that an immediate answer didn't pop up on google:confused:.

Jamaicans speak "Patwa" which is a slang language made up from many other languages combined. Irie is a Patwa slang term, and the other posts are correct in the word's meaning.

I love to listen to Jamaicans speak Patwa and try to figure out what they're saying. If you listen closely, you can hear recognizable versions of some English words.

Great question!

Archived