Platinum Secrets

nurseer

Not really, Mach...............CCL is way behind on their loyality perks compared to other lines. We are at # 36 coming up in Oct and aside from the 25% off for # 25, we get the same perks as peeps with 10 cruises.

John H has been saying for 2 yrs now, the perks will be re-vamped---well I'm still waiting.

I think even he is embarrased by how long this is going on.

I see you live in FL as do I - take some 3 day cruises!! That's how I got to Platinum :D

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that only cruises of 5 days or more counted in the cruise count to get you to Platinum..... I could handle a bunch of long weekend cruises!!! : ) but I have tried to stick to 5 day ones in order to get to Platinum faster.....

They all count from 3 days to 16 days they all count as one cruise. Pretty silly, but that is how they do it. The absolute best perk is the free laundry. You can use it every day and it really cuts down on packing.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that only cruises of 5 days or more counted in the cruise count to get you to Platinum..... I could handle a bunch of long weekend cruises!!! : ) but I have tried to stick to 5 day ones in order to get to Platinum faster.....

Years back I thought the same thing, even went as far as to call Carnival.

Received the same answer five different times " It has to be a five day ".

Years later I found out even a two or three day cruise counts toward platinum.

Personally I never have done anything less than a five day.

And still feel like thats to short , seems like your getting off the ship as soon as you get on .

A three or four day cruise will never cross my mind .

My personal favorite is the private elevator that goes from the front to the back of the ship or vice versa! :p I HATE those looooooong hallways. :eek::D

Now you've done it! That's supposed to be ONLY for Milestone cruisers! ;)

"SKY"

Im not sure the galley tour is on each ship - maybe it varies because I don't remember seeing it on previous platinum cruises.

We are upper tier on NCL also and they do a private cocktail party with the captain and officers which is really nice. Last cruise there were only 12 gold and platinum (their top two levels, 10 and 15 +) so we each had an officer to ourselves. It is nice to be able to get information and give some feedback one on one. I thought I remembered Carnival doing it but guess I was mistaken.

I guess my biggest "like" with any of the programs is special treatment i.e. early boarding, tender tickets, choice of dining, etc. The can keep the canapes and strawberries (although, they're nice) along with the gift item Just let me be extra special for a week ;)

On last two cruises out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale no cookies. As a matter of fact Platinum actually got on after some newbies this past Feb out of Lauderdale.

First time I have ever seen that happen.

I think early boarding is a thing of the past. I currently am on the

Freedom, we arrived at 11:00 , didn't make it to the ship until 12:30am!

It has never taken us that long to get on board.

I think early boarding is a thing of the past. I currently am on the

Freedom, we arrived at 11:00 , didn't make it to the ship until 12:30am!

It has never taken us that long to get on board.

Wow that stinks. Generally made it on before even before we were platinum.

My personal favorite is the private elevator that goes from the front to the back of the ship or vice versa! :p I HATE those looooooong hallways. :eek::D

Now the secrets out!icon7.gif

What about the 75% discount on the works of art?

I totally agree! I also think that people that book suites should get extra credits too. This is one area where I think that RCI's past guest milestone program is more fair than Carnival's.

Agreed.

Nope, 3 days and up. Never done a 3 day, way too short. Have done a few 4 days though.

Now the secrets out!icon7.gif

What about the 75% discount on the works of art?

LMAO, works of art? :D

Does anyone know how to add past cruises to your list with Carnival. I had three or four back in the 70's and 80's on the old Carnival ships. Would they have old lists? Anyone out there have any luck adding to their past history.

They need to get proof of the sailing. Fun card picture or something.

We got one added of a picture of the ship but they refused another one with me on the ship with a pirate and the ship name overhead. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...
You get lemonade when you're in the VIP room before boarding....but don't tell ;)

I don't remember if it was lemonade but on one cruise before boarding there was coffee, tea and maybe lemonade and cookies for the VIP's before boarding but I can't remember which port. I haven't seen it since.

I do like the perks, better then nothing. I'm not complaining.

If I told the secret it wouldn't be a secret now would it :rolleyes:

I don't want it to sound greedy or unappreciative but I often compare it with flying. If you are a frequent flyer with an airline not only do you get to board sooner but you get access to their clubs in the airports which are usually very nice and very accomodating, you also get upgraded to first class a lot more often depending on the level of traveler you are.

Be careful what you wish for. Airline frequent flyer programs can come with some pretty stiff annual charges.

Archived