Platinum Secrets

nurseer

I see you live in FL as do I - take some 3 day cruises!! That's how I got to Platinum, but I can only take short cruises because I need my Mom to watch my kids and she can do that for us on a long weekend cruise. We always take a 7 day in the summer when kids are out of school :D

Wow! I also thought it had to be 5 days or longer. I'm going on my third in 9 months next month.

I'm going to have to convince my friend to do some 4 day Inspiration cruises in the non peak times. Those are super inexpensive and we can always go eat at Fat Tuesday's in lieu of an excursion.

Hello all. I'm diamond on RC and Platinum with Carnival. IMHO there is no comparison to the perks you get. Royal wins hands down. Carnival doesn't give me even one free drink...with RC I get free drinks and hot snacks in the diamond lounge for over 2 hours every night!! And, the $100 discount on balcony cabins is a biggie for me. RC gives me a free photo (even the formal ones) for each cruise. Carnival? Another picture frame, REALLY? Stationary? REALLY? Laundry? I had them do one bag of laundry one time and they ruined one of my favorite tops. Never again. I know I have to pay more for RC cruises, but for me, the perks that RC gives are worth it. I will say for me the biggest perk about being platinum with Carnival is the free tournament entry. That's fun. Never won, but it's fun. :) I don't mean to sound like a whiner but would it hurt Carnival to come up to par with other lines' loyalty programs? I haven't cruised with Carnival since I became diamond on RC because of the difference in the perks. I miss Carnival, really, because there are some pros that Carnival has over RC...however, I will be loyal to the line that rewards me for coming back! :) Happy sailing!

I don't sail for the perks, I sail for the ship, the ports, the price and if the sailing dates fit my schedule. Perks, they are nice but not the reason I chose....Just Me

:o:o:o leedm

Started cruising in 02/2009 and have 9 down, my #10 is the Spirit 9/13/2011 and I can hardly wait for the perks. Of the 9 I have had 3 -5 day, 1- 9 day and 5-7 day so that averages to 59 days and this next one is another 7 days. So the grand total will be 66 I really only cheated by 4 days. making up for it #11 is a 7 day and #12 is 8! Who knows I might even schedule something in between:cool: Julie G.

Started cruising in 02/2009 and have 9 down, my #10 is the Spirit 9/13/2011 and I can hardly wait for the perks. Of the 9 I have had 3 -5 day, 1- 9 day and 5-7 day so that averages to 59 days and this next one is another 7 days. So the grand total will be 66 I really only cheated by 4 days. making up for it #11 is a 7 day and #12 is 8! Who knows I might even schedule something in between:cool: Julie G.

It ain't cheatin' if you're playin' by the rules. ;):D

Last time I was on Carnival, there were many platinum cruisers. I mean lots of them. I honestly don't think that they can really provide perks given the number of passengers who are platinum.

The priority embarcation is nice, but it is done in groups and the times we've had it there were many people in lines ahead of us and we had to wait.

I will be turning platinum on my very next cruise and am wondering if I go through the regular line to check in or go to the platinum (VIP) line to do so?

BTW: My total cruise days will be 50+ when turning platinum too. :rolleyes:

You will be Platinum when you walk on onto your cruise. Your luggage tags and boarding pass will say VIP.

Congrats!!

Melanie

Years back I thought the same thing, even went as far as to call Carnival.

Received the same answer five different times " It has to be a five day ".

Years later I found out even a two or three day cruise counts toward platinum.

Personally I never have done anything less than a five day.

And still feel like thats to short , seems like your getting off the ship as soon as you get on .

A three or four day cruise will never cross my mind .

What about a 3-night B2B with a 4-night (or a 4 & 4 or a 5 & 4, etc)? We're doing that on the Imagination in September. Being able to enjoy the last night of the 1st leg of the B2B while most of the other poor folks are packing adds a whole new wrinkle to the fun! (Tee-Hee) :p Then you get to stand up on the Lido (in your Carnival bathrobe if you wish :D) and wave goodbye to all the departees! (Double Tee-Hee)

I will be turning platinum on my very next cruise and am wondering if I go through the regular line to check in or go to the platinum (VIP) line to do so?

BTW: My total cruise days will be 50+ when turning platinum too. :rolleyes:

VIP line baby :) Congrats.

There is a disadvantage to being a VIP while in Tampa the line to the VIP was longer then the regular line so some of the people traveling with me were Platinum members and waited in the VIP line, I along with DW went to the regular line and when we got to the desks the agent went to the VIP area got our keys and had someone board us almost an hour before the rest of my group, so a secret is you don't always have to go to the VIP area to get on board faster.

Archived