Platinum Secrets

nurseer

I dont think the platinum line at the purser's desk is listed on the perks list on the carnival site. Not exactly secret though .. as it has a sign saying PLATINUM and its roped off often.

Hubby and I both made Platinum on our last cruise in May, Go up to ask a question and the guy at the pursers office told us to go to the end of the line, even though we were in the platinum line and we were the only platinum.No huge big deal but obviously they didnt seem to care.

Hubby and I both made Platinum on our last cruise in May, Go up to ask a question and the guy at the pursers office told us to go to the end of the line, even though we were in the platinum line and we were the only platinum.No huge big deal but obviously they didnt seem to care.

I would not have let him get away with that. You earned that privelege and he does not get to take it away.

I would have explained platinum to him and if he still did not get it ask to speak to his supervisor.

I apologize as this might be a little bit off topic but is still talking about Platinum.

I am not a platinum member yet (going on my third this year so still have a ways to go). I am excited that they have perks for those that have cruised 10 times or more but I feel like there is a lot left to be desired.

I don't want it to sound greedy or unappreciative but I often compare it with flying. If you are a frequent flyer with an airline not only do you get to board sooner but you get access to their clubs in the airports which are usually very nice and very accomodating, you also get upgraded to first class a lot more often depending on the level of traveler you are.

To me it seems like really all Platinum does is get you on and off the ship easier/quicker. I am surprised that it doesn't offer more upgrades or things like that.

If they do, I just don't know about it yet as I am still learning but does anyone else wish that it offered those things like upgrades and such? Again, I don't want to seem ungrateful at all but cruising ten times to just get on the ship sooner doesn't seem like a whole lot. Enlighten me!!

If you book a suite or h/c room or wedding party, you get on faster anyways..faster than platinum.

And in Cayman and HMC too!

I love the priority tender.

DebnGab, we had a blast on HMC got Cabana 10 and it was wonderful, virtually no noise and no one even bothered us at all, other than to tell hubby we had to go as they were loading up everything at the end of the day. We were on the first tender to get to the Cabana, but there were atleast 500 more people (if not more) who didnt have a cabana, but it wasnt bad at all. Coming back to the ship there was a little pushing and shoving but we had your time for dinner and we had the same waiters the entire time, Hope you have a fantastic time!!

I would not have let him get away with that. You earned that privelege and he does not get to take it away.

I would have explained platinum to him and if he still did not get it ask to speak to his supervisor.

If we had to wait a long time yes we would have said something but yes if it happens when we go in March we will say something thats for sure, then again there will be a lot of platinums with the crazys and John, looking forward to it!

DebnGab, we had a blast on HMC got Cabana 10 and it was wonderful, virtually no noise and no one even bothered us at all, other than to tell hubby we had to go as they were loading up everything at the end of the day. We were on the first tender to get to the Cabana, but there were atleast 500 more people (if not more) who didnt have a cabana, but it wasnt bad at all. Coming back to the ship there was a little pushing and shoving but we had your time for dinner and we had the same waiters the entire time, Hope you have a fantastic time!!

Hey there! I havent been around since April but Im back now...got super busy. Was going to ask how it went with the cabana! Sounds like a great day!

Did you end up getting to pick your own at the excursions desk or did they allow you to change if it was preassigned?

And cookies!

On last two cruises out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale no cookies. As a matter of fact Platinum actually got on after some newbies this past Feb out of Lauderdale.

First time I have ever seen that happen.

On last two cruises out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale no cookies. As a matter of fact Platinum actually got on after some newbies this past Feb out of Lauderdale.

First time I have ever seen that happen.

How'd they do that? call zone 1 then VIP?

Well there is the secret handshake.icon7.gif

What you see is what you get.

Yep, I've seen this special handshake every other time I get into the platinum line from new passangers boarding.

I believe it's called the BIRD ! ;)

I think it's hysterical that either you don't think the "perks' are good enough.. or you think people should have to do other things to get them...

As far as the secrets... not really anything... I don't need anymore key chains or picture frames..

the best perk is the Laundry and tendors!! I LOVE going home with clean folded clothes.

I do laundry everyday on the ship!! LOL.. (of course I tip my cabin ninja handsomely) and it is always back the same afternoon!!

I love being platinum.. and I do think that the bartenders are a bit heavier handed, and waiters a bit faster when they know you are a devoted CCL client.

(oh just to be clear.. 9 of my 10 day cruises, were between 7and 9 days..- I am booked for my 15th Carnival in just 23 Thursdays) Whoo hoo.

I enjoy any little perk that they want to offer,,,:D

However On my last cruise I would have loved to have been assigned a nice table at dinner... we were stuck in the worst area and we had to actually squeeze to get into one side of the table.. When I asked the MD what it would take to get a nice table on our next cruise (my 16th CCL) he quickly changed the subject as he knew we were in a bad place..

As for Laundry I am careful what I send as I have had items shrink & also fade when I put whites & colors together so I have learned to only send what I dont care about and to sort the whites & colors just like at home.

Here's my one and only issue with 10 cruises = platinum status. I think it should be a set number of days instead of cruises. You could take 10 three day cruises and reach platinum status (30 cruise days) but if you take 7 day cruises you will pay for 70 cruise days before reaching platinum status. We are on our 4th cruise and will have paid for 26 cruise days but are still a long way from platinum.

I see you live in FL as do I - take some 3 day cruises!! That's how I got to Platinum, but I can only take short cruises because I need my Mom to watch my kids and she can do that for us on a long weekend cruise. We always take a 7 day in the summer when kids are out of school :D

I see you live in FL as do I - take some 3 day cruises!! That's how I got to Platinum, but I can only take short cruises because I need my Mom to watch my kids and she can do that for us on a long weekend cruise. We always take a 7 day in the summer when kids are out of school :D

I would but we are all about the ports and the ports we want to go to really aren't on the 3 day ones. We have done Coz and GC to death and want to go other places!

On our last cruise, we got a galley tour. Was not as in depth as the paid tour but it was informative all the same. And the price was right!

On another slant - I do wish they would ditch the personalized stationery. How silly. And while I do find the soft sided cooler useful, I have run out of Carnival cruising friends to whom I can give the picture frames.

I would much prefer a coupon for a free photo (which they are going to throw away anyhow)

I would but we are all about the ports and the ports we want to go to really aren't on the 3 day ones. We have done Coz and GC to death and want to go other places!

But just keep in mind if you are ever planning to get a hotel on the beach for a long weekend- look at the cruise rates too. We have booked an oceanfront room at Cocoa Bch for a 3 day getaway- it would total around $540 with tax. We have booked a 3 day cruise $189 pp that is cheaper than the Hotel/beach which we have been to over and over again- so for the price and cruise experience I do not mind visiting the same port again, that works for me. Now my 7 day cruises are all about the ports same as you :D

The first words out of my mouth are, "I am a VIP" when I have a question at the front desk/purser.

Secrets are meant to be private... otherwise they are nolonger secrets.

Just remember to always say you are a VIP. You get faster service and no misunderstandings.

The first words out of my mouth are, "I am a VIP" when I have a question at the front desk/purser.

Secrets are meant to be private... otherwise they are nolonger secrets.

Just remember to always say you are a VIP. You get faster service and no misunderstandings.

I show them the card so there is no question that we are platinums/.

There's a secret meet & greet on board...

Actually...they have done this before. :cool: On the final sailing of the Holiday in 2009, they had a cocktail party for platinum guests and senior officers. They said it was something they were testing out. It was absolutely fantastic - easily one of my favorite memories on a ship. Too bad it obviously didn't pass the test and make it to the rest of the fleet. :(

Actually...they have done this before. :cool: On the final sailing of the Holiday in 2009, they had a cocktail party for platinum guests and senior officers. They said it was something they were testing out. It was absolutely fantastic - easily one of my favorite memories on a ship. Too bad it obviously didn't pass the test and make it to the rest of the fleet. :(

They have been talking about changes to platinum and this is the one we would really like.

Maybe someday.icon14.gif

SUPPOSEDLY one of the criteria that's used with offering upgrades or even upsells is how many times and how frequently you sail with Carnival. Personally, I think this is bunk as I've never been offered an upgrade or even an upsell opportunity.

Bottom line is dollars. If Carnival can sell the higher priced cabins rather than giving them away they need to.

PS... I'm pretty happy with the Platinum perks! They could be better but they could also be MUCH worse...

:)

Not really, Mach...............CCL is way behind on their loyality perks compared to other lines. We are at # 36 coming up in Oct and aside from the 25% off for # 25, we get the same perks as peeps with 10 cruises.

John H has been saying for 2 yrs now, the perks will be re-vamped---well I'm still waiting.

Archived