Tea time- without tea?

If you wanted to go to Tea time, but don't drink tea, would they serve you something different to drink? Maybe juice or something? The treats look very nice and it seems like such a relaxing thing to do. Just with juice or something instead of tea. lol. I hope that makes sense. :rolleyes: Has anyone had experience with this?

If you wanted to go to Tea time, but don't drink tea, would they serve you something different to drink? Maybe juice or something? The treats look very nice and it seems like such a relaxing thing to do. Just with juice or something instead of tea. lol. I hope that makes sense. :rolleyes: Has anyone had experience with this?

I am looking forward to tea time also on our cruise in 43 days. As this is our first cruise I cannot answer your question, but I wanted you to know you are not alone in thinking like this.:)

I don't drink tea or anything else with caffeine so I want to go to tea time and sample the scrumptious appetizers and socializing, but don't want the tea! ha!

I am looking forward to tea time also on our cruise in 43 days. As this is our first cruise I cannot answer your question, but I wanted you to know you are not alone in thinking like this.:)

I don't drink tea or anything else with caffeine so I want to go to tea time and sample the scrumptious appetizers and socializing, but don't want the tea! ha!

That's exactly what I was thinking! I thought maybe they had apple juice or something like that for the kids that go to tea.... most kids don't drink tea, right? So, I thought maybe I could just get whatever they serve the kiddies. Do they not have an alternative choice for the kids?

That's exactly what I was thinking! I thought maybe they had apple juice or something like that for the kids that go to tea.... most kids don't drink tea, right? So, I thought maybe I could just get whatever they serve the kiddies. Do they not have an alternative choice for the kids?

I have seen little kids drinking tea.

Lots of milk and sugar.

If I wanted something different I would bring it with me too.

Champagne might be nice.

Or a box of cold milk.

I have seen little kids drinking tea.

Lots of milk and sugar.

If I wanted something different I would bring it with me too.

Champagne might be nice.

Or a box of cold milk.

Looks like we should bring something with us. I like the milk idea. That might be very nice with the treats. :)

No champagne... we don't drink alcohol either. lol.

The teas are one of my favorite things to do on a sea day. At the ones I've been to, I've heard people from time to time ask for something different, and the servers told them they had nothing else. I second (or third) the suggestion of bringing something in with you. The treats are nice.

2039993150102380909S600x600Q85.jpg

Loved tea time!!! Like the others said, they only have tea or water. I would bring something different if you want it. They have a variety of tea though. My DH isn't a tea drinker but he did have some at tea time. Loved it!!

The teas are one of my favorite things to do on a sea day. At the ones I've been to, I've heard people from time to time ask for something different, and the servers told them they had nothing else. I second (or third) the suggestion of bringing something in with you. The treats are nice.

2039993150102380909S600x600Q85.jpg

OOHHHH. That looks lovely. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I just wanted to be prepared. I'll bring either juice or milk with me. I'm definitely going! I'll bring the kiddies, too. They'll enjoy that so much. Don't worry. They are not the running around screaming and ruining your lovely tea sort of kids. They are mostly teenagers that are very well behaved. We do have one little one(6) that is also very well behaved. She'll think this is just awesome!

As far as not consuming caffeine, they do offer a choice of green tea that is decaffeinated. We have went to a couple teas and I did not see children. I am not saying they are not welcome. Most are usually at camp or the pools during tea time. it is usually a quite atmosphere with music in the background or piano player depending on location of tea so not alot of activity geared for the smaller set. It is a nice break to take time and cool off and relax. We got to sample things not in our norm.

They have herbal tea, too.

If someone doesn't want tea, they should BYOB - bring your own beverage.

Thanks Sargent_Schultz--I will definitely have to try some herbal tea!

And thanks also to newporttngirl who suggested the green tea and a big thanks to JeanieTheMom for the great pic of the treats!!

I have some questions as a newbie as well:

What time is teatime usually?

Is there a charge for it?

And How crowded does it get?

On the Liberty, it was in the later afternoon, maybe around 3pm. There is no charge and the finger foods, and especially the pastries, are awesome--better than the dining room food (which I thought was mostly really good)! There was never more than 25-30 people at most and if you get there a few minutes early, you will have no trouble getting a table. The piano music was relaxing and adds to the ambiance. Tea was definitely the highlight of our sea days.

This sounds really neat. What is the dress code?

There really isn't a dress code. People show up in shorts, coverups, etc. Just not swimsuits. It is lovely. I drink non-caffeinated and they always have had at least 1 choice for me.

Husband goes to tea with me. But he brings his own beverage with him because he does not drink tea either. Have not had any problem.

It is usually around 2 or 3 pm on sea days. No cover ups allowed. You must be dressed. Or you did last year.

Tea Time on the Liberty last month was at 3:30 p.m. on Sea Days. I highly recommend going, the desserts are amazing, just look at those fruit tarts and I see those yummy scones and the fresh strawberries were huge (loaded mine up with real whipped cream). I could barely eat dinner those nights (I said, barely). Can't remember if they had any juices but the wait staff is busy rolling those carts around to everyone's table (they make sure they visit each table two or three times). Wish I was there right now, it's a fabulous respite from the noise and crowds on the ship. They have two carts, one with savory sandwiches, i.e., cucumber, smoked salmon, etc., and one with the sweet desserts. Try it, don't think you will be disappointed.

There really isn't a dress code. People show up in shorts, coverups, etc. Just not swimsuits. It is lovely. I drink non-caffeinated and they always have had at least 1 choice for me.

We're newbies too.Is there tea time on every ship???Am cruising Carnival Destiny on july 11th

Archived