Paradise Question

I know that the Paradise and Inspiration are switching places, but are they planning to drydock the Paradise as well? Last time she was updated was in '05 and many folks have commented about the wear and tear on her.

She was in drydock in 2008, so she should be due for another.

Planned Refurbishments for Drydock 12/01/08-12/14/08

• "Circle C" Young Teens club will be added to Atlantic Deck 8 (previously, the card room), featuring a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
  • "Evolutions of Fun": Serenity Adults-Only Retreat Area
  • Children's wading pool will be moved to Verandah Deck 11 aft section, replacing one of the whirlpools.
  • A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work throughout the ship.
  • Category 12 Suites will be refurbished, including bathrooms and flat-screen TV's.
  • Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern
  • A Mongoian Wok station and Rotissiere will be added to the Lido Restaurant

All ships are drydocked on regular 3 year schedules, unless something intervenes and they have to do it early for whatever reason.

Host Mach has already said Carnival has other plans for Elation and Paradise and they will not be getting the waterworks, if thats your question.

I know that the Paradise and Inspiration are switching places, but are they planning to drydock the Paradise as well? Last time she was updated was in '05 and many folks have commented about the wear and tear on her.

Not sure where you got this info .. cruisedeckplans.com has the schedule of drydocks scheduled and you might want to check on their site before accepting what someone else said as true.

Not sure where you got this info .. cruisedeckplans.com has the schedule of drydocks scheduled and you might want to check on their site before accepting what someone else said as true.

I got the dry dock info from cruse dot com, perhaps it was a typo on their part. I apologize for not double checking before posing my question.

As for the wear and tear, I spent a couple hours yesterday reading member reviews here on Cruise Critic. This information came straight from Cruise Critic members. Again, I apologize for taking the word of members and not double checking on other travel sites before posting.

I got the dry dock info from cruse dot com, perhaps it was a typo on their part. I apologize for not double checking before posing my question.

As for the wear and tear, I spent a couple hours yesterday reading member reviews here on Cruise Critic. This information came straight from Cruise Critic members. Again, I apologize for taking the word of members and not double checking on other travel sites before posting.

Since they are 2 1/2 years out of drydock, I am sure there is some wear and tear. You can find that on any ship between drydocks.

reading member reviews here on Cruise Critic.
Check the dates of those reviews, too.

Paradise will be in drydock late January-early February 2012, after the repo and first few cruises out of Tampa.

We were on the Paradise in April...... found our cabin a little worn - but overall would say she is in pretty good shape.

Thanks, that's what I've been reading on the member reviews too.

I'm thinking about an April cruise on the Paradise so she'd be refurbished by then. The waterworks wouldn't matter as it's a 20th anniversary get-away.

Archived