For thos who have done the "Chef's Table"

I will be doing the Chef's Table on my upcoming Radiance cruise. I was wondering how formal it is. Do people treat it like a "formal night"? I am afraid of being too formal ... or too casual. :o I really have no idea what to wear. I bought a really pretty formal dress that I was planning on wearing ... but now I am over thinking it. I will be by myself, so I am already worried that I will stick out! :eek:

Maybe I am just worrying too much :rolleyes:

I will be doing the Chef's Table on my upcoming Radiance cruise. I was wondering how formal it is. Do people treat it like a "formal night"? I am afraid of being too formal ... or too casual. :o I really have no idea what to wear. I bought a really pretty formal dress that I was planning on wearing ... but now I am over thinking it. I will be by myself' date=' so I am already worried that I will stick out! :eek:

Maybe I am just worrying too much :rolleyes:[/quote']

Once you are onboard, just ask for guidance from the concierge or the Loyalty Ambassador, or Maitre'D in the dining room. They should be happy to give you guidance.

I would say it just depends. We have done the Chef's Table on the Oasis and then the Allure. Both times we wore coat and tie....and so did everyone else and it was not a formal night. All the women were dressed up too! It was quite nice. I would say either way you are covered. But the guys in the group have the decision on whether or not to wear a coat and tie.....

I will be doing the Chef's Table on my upcoming Radiance cruise. I was wondering how formal it is. Do people treat it like a "formal night"? I am afraid of being too formal ... or too casual. :o I really have no idea what to wear. I bought a really pretty formal dress that I was planning on wearing ... but now I am over thinking it. I will be by myself' date=' so I am already worried that I will stick out! :eek:

Maybe I am just worrying too much :rolleyes:[/quote']

I would say it depends on what night you are doing Chef's Table. If you are doing it on an evening that suggested dress is "formal" I would think you would feel fairly comfortable in your formal dress. However, if you are going on a night that the "suggested dress" according to the compass is " casual" or "smart casual" I would go with your "best casual".

I think the dress at the Chef's Table is whatever is the 'suggested for the day'. On a casual night I would dress as I would for a nice restaurant at home. People will not be formal on a night that is not 'formal' on the ship.

I would say it depends on what night you are doing Chef's Table. If you are doing it on an evening that suggested dress is "formal" I would think you would feel fairly comfortable in your formal dress. However, if you are going on a night that the "suggested dress" according to the compass is " casual" or "smart casual" I would go with your "best casual".

It is $100 per person and only open to 14 people (it is supposed to be special - even more so than going to Chops etc.) - even if people didn't dress in cocktail dresses I would hope they were dressed a little nicer than jeans and a tshirt ... no matter if the Compass says it is "casual night"!

I guess I will just dress "smartly" and save the formal for another time.

It is $100 per person and only open to 14 people (it is supposed to be special - even more so than going to Chops etc.) - even if people didn't dress in cocktail dresses I would hope they were dressed a little nicer than jeans and a tshirt ... no matter if the Compass says it is "casual night"!

I guess I will just dress "smartly" and save the formal for another time.

I always thought Chops and Portofino dress code was smart casual no matter what the dining room is. Even on casual night, the specialty restaurants are smart casual. If I were going to Chef's Table, I'd definitely dress smart casual. In other words I'd dress very nice to even wearing a cocktail dress. I just wouldn't wear a full length formal gown especially if I had no idea who else would be there. Since it's one big table, I wouldn't want to be there in formal wear with a guy in his Hawaiian shirt. :rolleyes:

The exception would be if it's formal night...then I'd dress formal which could still be a cocktail dress. :)

Gina

We did Chef's Table on Allure in January. Our night was also the first formal night, and the dinner attendees were dressed according to the suggestions. Women were in nicer cocktail dresses and men were in coat or coat and tie.

FYI - you are going to have a great time at Chef's Table! It really is a special dinner. We received menus personalized with our names, Allure OTS aprons and the chef walked us through each course. So delicious!

We did Chef's Table on Allure in January. Our night was also the first formal night, and the dinner attendees were dressed according to the suggestions. Women were in nicer cocktail dresses and men were in coat or coat and tie.

FYI - you are going to have a great time at Chef's Table! It really is a special dinner. We received menus personalized with our names, Allure OTS aprons and the chef walked us through each course. So delicious!

Don't you get a cookbook too?

Don't you get a cookbook too?

Ah, yes! Volume 3 of the Savor series. We each got an apron and a cookbook, so the extra book went to my mom.

I will say that they also altered the menus somewhat, based on diners' restrictions. One course was veal, and one of the other diners refused to eat veal, so they brought her something else. I told the waiter that my husband is allergic to any kind of shellfish, and when we received the soup trio (which contained a crab soup), they swapped it out for an extra serving of one of the other soups. Now, I have heard other people say that RCCL cannot make any adjustments/special requests, but this was our experience. YMMV.

it really just depends on the group I'm guessing.

That is probably true. ... I will be going to Alaska. I hate to generalize, but I think Alaska will bring an "older crowd" who might want to dress up a little more.

Who knows ... I am as confused as when I started the thread :D My dress isn't a "full length formal" - more like a cocktail dress. I might still wear it.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Who knows ... I am as confused as when I started the thread :D My dress isn't a "full length formal" - more like a cocktail dress. I might still wear it.

Thanks for all the replies :)

I think you'll be just fine!

We did The Chefs Table on our New Years cruise, all the men had jackets on but not all had ties on, women were dressed classy casual.. dress, nice slacks etc. We really enjoyed it and will do it again.

Archived