Oh, great and wise CC members:

stargate fan

I am in need of your vast knowledge.

We are in the process of booking a cruise with my DH's mom, his sisters, and their husbands. One of DH's sisters took a Carnival cruise back in 1984. I believe I read that records were lost sometime in the 1990 time frame. Is this correct?

They found a picture of her sitting on the funnel deck and, by the very obvious blue/white/red design of the stack, it is most definitely a Carnival ship. Might this be enough proof to get her a Past Guest Rate?

Also, their mother has sailed Carnival. If she books a cabin with a sister and b-i-l that have not, will they be eligible for Past Guest rate?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

I have three Carnival cruises and have no proof, so I have no credit for these 3 cruises. Do they even know the date of the cruise? The picture may be enough, if thats what they have, send it in and see.

Mine too were in the 1980s.

As far as the past guest rate .. I booked my first cruise (2006, when I started to cruise again) thru a TA on a Carnival cruise and she asked me if I had cruised Carnival before and I said yes, and she booked me past guest rate .. and that was that .. the first time I cruised again since those long ago cruises. No one asked me to prove it to get the rate.

Of course I didnt even have a past guest number .. but it didnt matter, they gave me the rate.

I am in need of your vast knowledge.

We are in the process of booking a cruise with my DH's mom, his sisters, and their husbands. One of DH's sisters took a Carnival cruise back in 1984. I believe I read that records were lost sometime in the 1990 time frame. Is this correct?

They found a picture of her sitting on the funnel deck and, by the very obvious blue/white/red design of the stack, it is most definitely a Carnival ship. Might this be enough proof to get her a Past Guest Rate?

Also, their mother has sailed Carnival. If she books a cabin with a sister and b-i-l that have not, will they be eligible for Past Guest rate?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Just wondering, since the proof pic was from 1984:

How many times does a woman change her hair style and color in 27 years?

A guy will just lose his.......

You may find that the Early Saver rate is lower than the Past Guest rate. I was surprised when I booked our upcoming cruise that the ES was even lower than the military rate.

I booked ES once and only once. I'll never do it again. Though it may be a little less (but not for the cruise we are going to book-Past Guest is less.), it's not worth the hassles and penalties for a little bit of savings.

I was going to use past guest rate because I didn't want the restrictions of the early saver. But then I discovered that I couldn't book the cabin I wanted with past guest rate, only early saver. So I was forced to book the rate with penalties to get the cabin I wanted. You wouldn't think they'd have different rooms available by booking code, but they do.

Archived