Dining room dress question

YES... Jeans, shorts, swim trunks!!!

It can be as casual as you want... or you can feel quite comfortable 'dressing' 24/7. Much like today's society. Even for elegant evening, the boys can wear nice jeans and a shirt, but it sounds like you'd feel more comfortable with them dressed, and it's a great excuse for a family photo and a reason to feel pampered and treated to a nice evening out!!!

Have a great cruise and don't forget to share it with us!!!

I am going to be on the victory next week. Besides the formal nights, do you think it would be appropriate for my teenage boys to wear jeans?

Are you going on a Caribbean cruise? If so, your kids may be more comfortable in shorts. We usually don't even waste packing space for jeans because it's so hot! My boys just wear nice shorts--you know, the kind with button, zipper, pockets, pleats--and a polo shirt.

I am going to be on the victory next week. Besides the formal nights, do you think it would be appropriate for my teenage boys to wear jeans?

Yes it is appropriate for teenage boys to wear jeans on non-elegant nights since Carnival allows them in their dress code. I, however, do not even pack jeans since they are a space hog. Carnival also allows long shorts so my DS(17) normally wears cargo shorts with polo shirts on non-elegant nights. This seems to be the norm for teenage boys.

Yes. We had 4 teenage boys with us and they wore nice jeans or long shorts (nice shorts, not the ones that hang below the boxers :p) and a nice button down or polo shirt. My husband dressed the same way. We girls all wore dresses just because....well, we wanted to buy new dresses. :D But they should be fine.

I don't see why not. They have been allowed since we started cruising in 1998. Mine are comfortable and keep me warm on the ships in the evening. The ships air can be sometimes really cool at times. And they are light and take up no more room in my luggage than other pants.

Some people need to go jean shopping and find out how light they really are in this day and age......silly to say the Caribbean is to hot for them.....if that were the case people wouldn't wear suits to dinner on elegant night:rolleyes: You are in an air condtioned ship in the middle of the ocean not sitting on the beach in the Caribbean....

My opinion, wear shorts for dinner.

You must be 9 years old or less.

That's fine. I'm about 35 years over 9 and I will wear shorts to dinner every night as will my father.

I wear a suit everyday. this is my vacation. I want to be casually comfortable.

Nothing wrong with men in shorts.........care to elaborate:confused:

If there single guys wearing shorts to dinner, thats why they are alone.

Now married guys wearing shorts to dinner, I see, they don't care any more.

Unless there is some sort of fetish, gay or straight, men cover your legs at dinner.

Little boys are ok to wear shorts.

But do what You want. after all its your vacation and you will do what ever you want.

If there single guys wearing shorts to dinner, thats why they are alone.

Now married guys wearing shorts to dinner, I see, they don't care any more.

Unless there is some sort of fetish, gay or straight, men cover your legs at dinner.

Little boys are ok to wear shorts.

But do what You want. after all its your vacation and you will do what ever you want.

Old school huh:confused: I can tell by your gay comment:rolleyes:

I have single guy friends who look hot in their shorts at dinner........and believe me that is not why they are single....Too bad I'm taken;) And rest assured they would care more about my comment than yours......

You would certainly want to stay away from vacationing in Hawaii where it is pretty much the norm to wear shorts to dinner.......men, women, boys and girls, gay, straight, black, white, yellow and green.:rolleyes:

This is our first cruise.

I guess I am wrong for asking my BF to please wear slacks and a button down in the dining room every night except Elegant Nights. I ask him to at least please wear a sport coat and slacks and a tie those two nights.

One of my sisters gave me a small book titled "The Essential Little Cruise Book". The author is a former cruise director. That book is where I am getting my advice on dress for the dining room.

Of course, the book is about 12 years old!!:eek:

This is our first cruise.

I guess I am wrong for asking my BF to please wear slacks and a button down in the dining room every night except Elegant Nights. I ask him to at least please wear a sport coat and slacks and a tie those two nights.

One of my sisters gave me a small book titled "The Essential Little Cruise Book". The author is a former cruise director. That book is where I am getting my advice on dress for the dining room.

Of course, the book is about 12 years old!!:eek:

You are not wrong at all for that! There is nothing wrong with expecting your BF to look nice.

I have single guy friends who look hot in their shorts at dinner........and believe me that is not why they are single....Too bad I'm taken;) And rest assured they would care more about my comment than yours......

You would certainly want to stay away from vacationing in Hawaii where it is pretty much the norm to wear shorts to dinner.......men, women, boys and girls, gay, straight, black, white, yellow and green.:rolleyes:

I am enlightened by your comment.

Please don't turn this into something it is not.

I just like to dress nice.

It would be nice for the other men to dress as nice as well.

But its their vacation and they will do what ever they want.

I'll see you on your next cruise.:)

Hawaii, been there. Wore slacks to dinner at sitdown resturants, not buffets or the way too cool luau.

His comment said "gay or straight" funny how you forgot the straight part, nothing like taking out of context to promote your own agenda.:mad:

Archived