Carnival Spirit in Alaska

spencercoop

I have a question for anyone who has taken the Spirit's Alaska cruise from Seattle this year or last year.

About what time did you arrive and leave Tracy Arm Fjord?

Also did you go to the end of the Fjord to see the Sawyer glaciers?

Thanks so much for your help.

I have a question for anyone who has taken the Spirit's Alaska cruise from Seattle this year or last year.

About what time did you arrive and leave Tracy Arm Fjord?

Also did you go to the end of the Fjord to see the Sawyer glaciers?

Thanks so much for your help.

We arrived a bit late due to an emergency coast guard evac of a sick passenger but really around 11:00am is the entrance to the Fjord. We were out by 6:00pm. Have your camera and drinks ready because it is the most majestic place I have ever seen. Waterfalls and icebergs everywhere!!!

We were on the Spirit 2 weeks ago. Probably the same cruise as chaser84 since we saw the whole Coast Guard evacuation from the aft deck. But yes you do get to see Sawyer Glacier. Normally the Spirit gets right up next to it. But because of our delay, the Disney Wonder got that spot. You can see pictures of it though on my blog at "TourMyTexas.com"

I was on the May 31st cruise to Alaska on the Spirit. We were able to get right up to the Sawyer glacier. Got some wonderful pictures of it and of us with it in the background.

I don't remember what time exactly we started down the fjord... around 11am? But it took hours to go through it so you have plenty of time to see. Plus the ship stayed down at the end by the glacier for quite some time.

The Disney Wonder was behind us and then later took our spot as we left.

It was very beautiful with icebergs, seals and their pups, waterfalls, and one distant bear spotting.

Archived