Naussau - Sheraton vs. BCH

scoutfinch72

I know there have been a thousand threads about these 2 resorts and I think I've read them all! We'll be in Nassau in August with our 2 kids, who are 3 and 6 years old. I had originally been thinking we'd go to the Sheraton, but I just did the math and came up with these totals:

Sheraton - 2 adults at $25pp, 2 children at $12.50pp, plus $48 round trip taxi ride = $123.00 with NO food allowance

BCH - 2 adults at $55, 1 child at $27.50, no transportation cost = $137.50 including $75 in food vouchers.

Would you pick BCH in my shoes? It seems like we'd come out ahead at BCH, since we I've heard that food can be pricey at the Sheraton. Also, we wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of car seats in a taxi. If it were up to DH we'd probably just walk to Junkanoo and go back to the ship for food, but I won't take the kids to a beach with no lifeguards.

We are a group of 4 "older" ladies (22-49) doing the BCH in October for that same reason. We will have $120 to have a few drinks and something to eat while we are there. I know everyone says just eat on the ship before you go but even if you do, after a few hours in the sun, your going to want to have a drink. After a few drinks, you want something to hold you over until you get back on the ship. Its a 10-15 min walk back to the boat, I'm not wasting my beach time walking back & forth. I prefer knowing how much I'm going to spend instead of getting hit with the bill at the end. I think not paying for a taxi is just a bonus. You don't say how old the kids are and BCH doesn't have much for toys. I'm not sure if that matters to you.

You don't say how old the kids are and BCH doesn't have much for toys. I'm not sure if that matters to you.

My kids are 3 and 6. I hadn't figured water toys into the equation. My 6 yo and DH would probably really enjoy them. Does anyone have any details on what kind of water toys they have? Pictures, maybe?

I should mention that I'll be 20 weeks pregnant and neither of us drink alcohol regardless, so alcohol doesn't matter at all, but I will likely need to eat every few hours!

we did the Sheraton last December and took the Jitney 1.25pp so no transportation cost for us really but food is not included and can get pricey-i think we just had a drink--we always have water with us and carry the drink packets.....the Beach was lovely tho--i thought it looked much NICER than BCH but for saving all the money i think i would do BCH if you NEEDED food and drink and maybe didnt want to take the Jitney with the young kids.

I chose BCH for the exact same reasons you did. I find it easier to walk around the corner and take in some sites on the way than to have to wait for a cab or jitney, which by the way is much cheaper than a cab. My original excursion was cancelled and replaced by an excursion at the Wyndam Hotel which is right next store to the Sheraton. I took into considration the fact that these 2 places will probably be much more crowded as well. My 9 year old son loves the water. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a water toy or 2 but as long as there is at least 1 other child in his age range to play with he will be fine. I also like to the fact that BCH offers the pool / beach side lunch option as well. While searching other threads I have seem some very nice pictures of the hotel grounds. I tried to order the passes in advance but was told that they are only sold at the front desk. This is okay because if it ends up raining I will not loose out on any money or have to worry about trying to cancel within a certain time frame. Enjoy your trip:).

We leave on the CCL Fascination in 9 days and plan on doing BCH since its a quiet, relaxing beach walking distance from the ships. AND it includes a food/drink vouncher.

We're in Nassau from 8am until 10pm, so we figured we'd get off the ship, do a walking tour of the city following LairBear's map and then hit the beach for the rest of the day......

Thanks again for all of the insight! I talked it over with dh last night and gave him the options without giving my opinion and he likes the idea of being able to walk to the beach and have food and drinks included, so I think we're going to stick with BCH. One of the reasons we chose the Sensation was so the kids could enjoy the Waterworks area. I think they'll get enjoy a more relaxed beach day knowing that the water play area is available on board.

Please, what does BCH stand for? Is that a Hilton hotel of some sort? We are going in August on the Carnival Fascination and we were thinking of doing the Sheration but this BCH sounds better. Just want to know what BCH is!:D

How much is a can to the sheraton and how long is the ride from the Port to the Sheraton?

From the posts I've read here, it's $5-6 per person for a cab to the Sheraton. When I was figuring costs I used $6 pp and that's how I came up with $48 round trip in my original post for my family of 4. There is also the #10 Jitney bus that costs $1.25pp and you need exact change.

Is the beach and water at the Hilton clean? I've read reviews that say it is located at the entrance to where the ships pull into port and there is industrial stuff, like cranes and things nearby - in the water maybe?

We chose to do the Sheraton day passes (cruised 6/11-6/18) and took the #10 jitney. I will say it was hotter than Hades in Nassau last week (imagine that in June! lol) and it was a LONG walk to the end of the pier, then to the end of shopping area by Senor Frogs, then another block or so to reach the bus. We got on the bus and waited at least 10 more minutes to fill up and then we drove along and I spotted the BCH on the way and I said to dh that going there would've been quite a walk! Something to keep in mind with kids 3 and 6. So we made several stops before arriving at the Sheraton and it took a long time. From the time we exited the ship til arriving at the Sheraton front desk was more than one hour. Now, the way back was much quicker. Not sure why exactly but we were off the bus in about 20 minutes and then the 15 minute walk thru the heat, shopping, vendors, etc.

The Sheraton was lovely by the way and really not all that crowded. We ate right before we got off the ship so only bought a few items. The pina colada was delicious but $12. Four sodas and an order of fries for a late snack was about $20. The menu listed burgers for $12 and various baskets (chicken tenders/fries, etc) for $16-18 if memory serves.

The Sheraton had a large trampoline in the water and several kayaks on the beach but we didn't inquire about pricing.

We chose to do the Sheraton day passes (cruised 6/11-6/18) and took the #10 jitney. I will say it was hotter than Hades in Nassau last week (imagine that in June! lol) and it was a LONG walk to the end of the pier, then to the end of shopping area by Senor Frogs, then another block or so to reach the bus. We got on the bus and waited at least 10 more minutes to fill up and then we drove along and I spotted the BCH on the way and I said to dh that going there would've been quite a walk! Something to keep in mind with kids 3 and 6.

Thanks for the warning! We'll have our stroller for the 3yo and after a week of walking around WDW I'm sure we'll be in shape for a good walk!

Archived