Laundry and dry cleaning service on Caribbean Princess

ticman

I know the ship has washer and dryers onboard. I would like to know if they have a laundry service and if they have an unlimited laundry service for the entire voyage and at what cost.

On Holland America we paid a flat fee for the entire cruise which allowed us to cram whatever into a cloth bag each day. All laundry came back pressed; on hangers or neatly folded. It allowed us to greatly reduce the amount of packing we needed to do and reduced the number of suitcases and therefore air fare luggage charges.

Thanks for your help. 38 Days to go till sailing wahoo!!!!

I should let you know that when I called Princess directly, customer service didn't have a clue what I was asking about and told me the service if available varied by ship and she didn't know anything else. A big disappointment on the Customer Service front.

Unlike HAL, all Princess ships have self-service laundries, usually on every deck with cabins. Also, unlike HAL, the Princess loyalty program includes unlimited laundry/pressing service if you are Elite, regardless the length of the cruise. What this means is that fewer passengers need or use the laundry service and thus, there is no unlimited package nor a "by the bag" anytime you want to send out laundry. Every now and then, there is a "by the bag" special but I haven't seen one in a while.

Pam,

Thanks for the info. I found another laundry thread that said by going to the front desk after boarding and asking for a price for laundry service for the. Entire cruise that you'd be quoted a price to accept or reject. Do you have any knowledge of this? Based on your extensive cruising experience I'm betting that your original answer is probably correct---unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

As for us, just getting off the Golden Princess, I didn't see any offers about laundry services in the Patters... or any per bag special prices. We did see the per bag services when we sailed on RCCL but that ship didn't have a laundry room.

The laundry room was empty the day I visited. The price was $2.00 per wash (30 minutes) and $2.00 per dry cycle (45 minutes). There were four irons and ironing boards.

Pam,

Thanks for the info. I found another laundry thread that said by going to the front desk after boarding and asking for a price for laundry service for the. Entire cruise that you'd be quoted a price to accept or reject. Do you have any knowledge of this? Based on your extensive cruising experience I'm betting that your original answer is probably correct---unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

The answer is no, Mike. No special price for unlimited laundry for the entire cruise. Princess just does not do that. But they do a lot of other things we like, so that's why we cruise them just about exclusively. :D

• 1 year later...
Amen to that! I tried this AM and got a clueless agent! Still very nice and pleasant but no idea of price or anything!

Many of them have never been on a cruise & can only read what Princess provides on their computer so I don't blame them. I found that many times things like pricing for laundry service is something CC members know & provide. I had a price list which I posted and was informed those prices were outdated so maybe somebody else will have the current pricing for you.

Archived