booze in a bag! Why didnt I think of that

Malibu now offers mixed drinks in a bag with a plastic spout. no metal anywhere!!!! $17 for 6 mixed drinks isnt bad. i found 3 kinds. mojito, caribbean cosmo, and tropical breeze.

Ill let everyone know how it goes next week.

Oh, and I also purchased one of those metal water bottles from the liq store that is sealed with vodka instead of water. yum!

Hi,

I don't know if they will allow this web sight to be posted but this product was recommended by a guy we met on a TA several years ago and we are considering purchasing one of the kits some time. But since we are sailing Princess for the next year they allow alcohol/wine to be brought on board so it isn't necessary. If you are interested, check it out. They do work. You just fill them with your favorite libation and off you go.

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/spring-break-cruise-kit.aspx

Happy sailing:D

• 1 month later...

If your going to be San Juan you can pick up Gasolina, It is the same concept in pouches like a Capri Sun. I brought about six of them on our last cruise and was actually surprised when they were still in my luggage.

I still swear by mouthwash bottle full of vodka and foodcoloring. I just fly with the empty mouthwash bottle with a little food coloring and by the vodka when I get in port.

I tried the individual frozen drink in a pouch, and they were quite good. Tried them at home, just to see. The kind I bought needed to be frozen, so I don't see how you could do that on a cruise. They have the alcohol already in them. Quite handy, and tasty.

• 3 weeks later...
Malibu now offers mixed drinks in a bag with a plastic spout. no metal anywhere!!!! $17 for 6 mixed drinks isnt bad. i found 3 kinds. mojito, caribbean cosmo, and tropical breeze.

Ill let everyone know how it goes next week.

Oh, and I also purchased one of those metal water bottles from the liq store that is sealed with vodka instead of water. yum!

Where did you buy the drinks in bags ??

Cori

We just half empty a "box" wine, remove the bag, lay it in the bottom of our suitcase, and enjoy in our cabin. We used the 5 liter bag.

DD

Arn't you afraid the bag will spring a leak and all you clothes will messed up. ??

Cori

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big drinker, but like to take sample bottles w/me. My friend, on our last cruise, took vodka w/her in a flask and ordered tomato juice at every meal and had a ready-made drink. This time (Oasis), I think I will take a six-pack of wine for the room! Previously I took a smaller bottle of Amaretto on board in my purse and did not get stopped! They won't hassle you with small items. Putting the pouches in sealed plastic bags (like I do w/ cough medicine) should keep liquids in if they leak! :cool:

The Malibu Tropical Rum is great. I packed this in my check in bag because they scan your carry on and it worked great. I also had Daily's Margaritas, Blackbox wine(=3 bottles of wine). There is also a collapsable water pouch that campers use called a Platapus (like the rum runners listed above) which I had vodka in to add to free lemonade. We bought the drink with the Carnival glass as soon as we got on board so when our luggage(liquor) arrived we could top it off.

As for leaking, Do not use a bottle with snap top, like water bottle that does not require to unscrew the cap to drink. The pressure change on the plane will cause it to leak. If you have a collapsable bag ie. box wine etc. the pressure change will not affect it.

The Rumrunner flask mentioned above works for me. They are also available through Amazon. I take four empty mini bottles and refill them from the Rumrunner using a small funnel. I usually order two drinks in a bar before dinner and top them off w/ the minis.

Archived