International credit card fees on board?

shadesofpink

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

Will my credit card be charged for international fees when used on board a Princess ship during a Mediterranean cruise? Mine has a 3% fee and I definitely don't want to incur that every time I buy a drink!

Thanks for the help! :)

No fees...purchases onboard go on your account which will be settled in US dollars.

FYI, there are credit cards that do not charge foreign exchange fees. CapitalOne is the one I use; there are others.

I just returned from 3½ weeks in France and using my CapitalOne credit and debit cards (at ATMs) with no problems at all.

Lew

All Princess ships operate on US dollars except out of Australia. Therefore the only time you will incur your 3% charge is if you use your card in the countries you visit, not on the ship. I also use a Capital One card.

All Princess ships operate on US dollars except out of Australia. Therefore the only time you will incur your 3% charge is if you use your card in the countries you visit, not on the ship. I also use a Capital One card.

Thanks for the help! I'm not big on using credit cards, so I don't really want to open one up just for this trip. I feel better knowing our on-board purchases aren't subject to the fee, and we'll just use cash off the boat for everything else. :)

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

Will my credit card be charged for international fees when used on board a Princess ship during a Mediterranean cruise? Mine has a 3% fee and I definitely don't want to incur that every time I buy a drink!

Thanks for the help! :)

Anything you purchase on board will be paid for with your cruise card* (cabin key card) and placed onto your onboard account.

At the end of the cruise, it will be charged to the credit card you presented when checking in (unless you settle with cash). It will be a USA charge in US$ from the Princess home office in California. Thus, no foreign usage fee.

*If you really want to, the shops (but not the bars) will accept your credit card instead of the cruise card.

Thanks for the help! I'm not big on using credit cards, so I don't really want to open one up just for this trip. I feel better knowing our on-board purchases aren't subject to the fee, and we'll just use cash off the boat for everything else. :)

A real Texan!:p

Hi, just wondering if Capital One has an annual charge and if so how much$$$

Thanks.

No fee on mine. We use it for everything and accumalate points. The points can be cashed in for any travel expenses, or purchase other gifts. We use ours for travel points.

Archived