How does Allure compare to Oasis

Although we have booked the Allure for May 2012, I'm a bit curious for all of those that know how do the two ships compare. Wondering if I've made the right choice in terms of what both have to offer.

Thanks for your input.

I would say Allure is a slightly more finished version of Oasis.....they learned a few things from Oasis and improved upon them with Allure. I wouldn't hesitate to book either ship and my personal decision is based on what route works best for us that week.

We liked service and cruise director better on Oasis. Other than that, they are both beautiful ships with so much to do that I don't think it matters which one you are on. I would go on either again, but as Steve (Bajathree) said I think it would depend on the itinerary. I'm getting tired of western :rolleyes:

There were small changes made on Allure that I prefer over the Oasis. The Boardwalk has a more finished detail to it. The addition of Rita's over the Seafood Shack and adding the Dog House were nice additions. There were also minor changes to the cabins like the moving of the electrical outlet that is a plus.

I will go with either ship as both are great.

We liked service and cruise director better on Oasis. Other than that, they are both beautiful ships with so much to do that I don't think it matters which one you are on. I would go on either again, but as Steve (Bajathree) said I think it would depend on the itinerary. I'm getting tired of western :rolleyes:

I have to agree with this post, minus the cruise director. We had Ken Rush on both cruises and although I can't say anything bad about him, he just did not add anything to our cruise experience. We sailed the same ports on both ships, eastern Caribbean. Both ships were great experiences but the service was far better on the Oasis than the Allure.

There were small changes made on Allure that I prefer over the Oasis. The Boardwalk has a more finished detail to it. The addition of Rita's over the Seafood Shack and adding the Dog House were nice additions. There were also minor changes to the cabins like the moving of the electrical outlet that is a plus.

I will go with either ship as both are great.

Ditto

We have only been on the Oasis, but we heard people complaining on these boards about the height of the safe. One day, two men came in and moved our safe to a much higher shelf. All of the safes on deck 8 were being moved up higher. Probably all cabins were being moved.

I love both ships and have sailed each one twice. I do prefer Allure however. Here's why:

I prefer Allure's "Chicago" to Oasis's "Hairspray".

I prefer Allure's dive show to that of Oasis.

I prefer Allure's "Blue Planet" to Oasis's "Come Fly with Me".

I prefer Allure's Rita's Cantina to Oasis's Seafood Shack.

Alure has a DogHOuse hot dog stand my hubby loves. Oasis does not have one.

Allure has two telescopes behind the FlowRider area. Oasis does not.

But both ships are wonderful, so we book based on intinerary or conveninence because Allure leaves on Sunday and Oasis leaves on Saturday. The day of departure can matter to some passengers.

Allure has two telescopes behind the FlowRider area. Oasis does not.

They are actually high-powered binoculars. There is also a nice one forward, on deck 14.

If one had to pick between the two ships, Allure has to win. She is newer, thus more tweaked and fine-tuned than Oasis in every way. Shows, venues, activities, even the crew is more exprienced for the mega ship cruise.

If itin, dates, or co$t come in to play for your cruise, go with what you need. Oasis or Allure, you won't be disapointed!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived