tapatalk for iphone/smartphones - anyone using it for CC access?

Just a note. I did a search on Tapatalk a few minutes ago. The forum shows up in the search and I was able to add it to my accounts. Don't need to wait for the announcement. It is functional now for those of you who already downloaded it.

Obviously all phones are a little different, but on mine it's the same button you use to reply, but it shows new topic when you are in the topic view and not in a particular thread.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Good question. I know how to reply, but not how to start a new post. Hmmm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lol - I'm trying to figure that out too. Anyone know for iPhone?

ETA - just click on the arrow at the top right corner to add a new topic. :)

Lol - I'm trying to figure that out too. Anyone know for iPhone?

ETA - just click on the arrow at the top right corner to add a new topic. :)

Michele, when you are on the main forum page and tap the arrow "New Topic" should be an option. Or at least that how it is showing on my iPhone.

Glad you all seem happy!

Laura

Wow. This app works great on my iPad and iPhone. It takes a little noodling around to figure out the the best way to get around but I think I like this app for the forums better than doing the forums with my web browser on my computer.

The only thing I don't think we can do is post without our signatures. Is this true? Has anyone found a way to turn of signatures from tapatalk?

I did recently cut my signature way down so at least it might not annoy anyone with it's length. I decided I could remember all my past cruises with a print out of past cruises from the RCI website rather than see them here.

Posted from a real PC, not tapatalk. :D (obviously since my signature isn't showing)

Gina

Wow. This app works great on my iPad and iPhone. It takes a little noodling around to figure out the the best way to get around but I think I like this app for the forums better than doing the forums with my web browser on my computer.

Can you explain the concept a little for me? How can it be any easier than just having a "favorite" button for this thread? (I have an Ipad.)

Thanks.

Kathy

On your iPad using safari is easy. On an iPhone it is not easy unless a web site has a mobile enabled site.

The app eliminates all information from the cc web sit other than the forum. Tapatalk is strictly for forum communication on the fly. Everything is neatly laid out. All topics are listed in a row so no sliding the screen side to side is required. It's not likely you'll touch the wrong part if the screen and have to go back and try again.

Everything loads much more quickly since only forums are loading. There are various ways to navigate, too making it way to find what you are looking for. If you only want to pull up threads you have participated in, you can daily do that. If you only want to pull up subscribed threads, you can do that, too.

It's a clutter free quick way to respond.

I'm using it right now since I'm away from home. I can actually see the writing on the screen of my iPhone since everything isn't so tiny like it is on the website.

People can use many forums all from one app now without having to wait for individual websites to load or trying to navigate through multiple screens with hard to find navigational points.

Making it "easy" to find... Not way to find. That is a correction to my last post. There will still be more typos from an iPhone. An app won't change that. And sometimes that's the fault of the phone since it tends to think wit knows what we want to say and changes our spelling. Or just a wrong letter is tapped because the keyboard is so cramped.

Forget daily....it's "do only".

What the app needs is an edit post button. :).

Oh cool. It has an edit feature. I just found it. Tap your post and options will come up. I just added this last line. You just need to play with it and you'll find all sorts of fast and easy ways to do things.

Very cool!!!!

Archived