tapatalk for iphone/smartphones - anyone using it for CC access?

Alas, CC doesn't work on my tapatalk. It appears with the message 'failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists'. I hope that this is only temporary, I've only recently discovered CC and would love to be able to use it in conjunction with the app.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...

Alas, CC doesn't work on my tapatalk. It appears with the message 'failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists'. I hope that this is only temporary, I've only recently discovered CC and would love to be able to use it in conjunction with the app.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...

I just got that message while attempting to connect to another cruise forum. It must be a temporary issue. Try later.

On your iPad using safari is easy. On an iPhone it is not easy unless a web site has a mobile enabled site.

The app eliminates all information from the cc web sit other than the forum. Tapatalk is strictly for forum communication on the fly. Everything is neatly laid out. All topics are listed in a row so no sliding the screen side to side is required. It's not likely you'll touch the wrong part if the screen and have to go back and try again.

Everything loads much more quickly since only forums are loading. There are various ways to navigate, too making it way to find what you are looking for. If you only want to pull up threads you have participated in, you can daily do that. If you only want to pull up subscribed threads, you can do that, too.

It's a clutter free quick way to respond.

I'm using it right now since I'm away from home. I can actually see the writing on the screen of my iPhone since everything isn't so tiny like it is on the website.

People can use many forums all from one app now without having to wait for individual websites to load or trying to navigate through multiple screens with hard to find navigational points.

Thanks for that information. Doesn't seem necessary at all for my Ipad. That's the only "toy" I have (and I LOVE it).

Kathy

Thanks for that information. Doesn't seem necessary at all for my Ipad. That's the only "toy" I have (and I LOVE it).

Kathy

That's what I think, too. Free apps on ipads are fun especially when there is no web equivalent. Even the free facebook app doesn't seem as good as the real thing on an ipad.

The advantage to having tapatalk on the ipad would be for forum only access with no ads. You can go directly to the threads you post in when you want to do a quick catchup. But you might miss some things you'll see at the real webpage when you have more time to browse.

Gina

Anyone know if I can make a list of subscribed threads on CC on Tapatalk? Or do I need to go through the clicking to find the RCCL forum for example each time? I'd like to set up either favorite forums (RCCL, princess, West Coast desinations, etc) and my subscribed threads that I reply to.

Thanks for any help! Katherine

Anyone know if I can make a list of subscribed threads on CC on Tapatalk? Or do I need to go through the clicking to find the RCCL forum for example each time? I'd like to set up either favorite forums (RCCL, princess, West Coast desinations, etc) and my subscribed threads that I reply to.

Not sure what device you are using but on Android you just press the menu button and then choose subscribe while you are in the thread you want to add as a favorite. If its iPhone I'm not sure but I'm sure somebody else will answer that.

Not sure about setting up favorites yet, but I find my subscribed threads when I open my CC account on tapatalk by tapping "LATEST" (bottom left), then "participated" along the top. It looks like you can also find them by tapping on the "favorites" tab along the bottom, then "topics".

Hope that helps, I am still exploring it as well!

I have a Droid X. Looks like I can click on favorites to find CC, then Participated to get the threads I have posted in. That's awesome! Thanks for the tips. It makes it much faster to find the threads I have been looking at/replying to.

Katherine

I'm not sure if this is what was asked but to try to put it simply.

"participated in" at the top of the screen will include ALL threads you have ever responded to, subscribed or not.

"favorites" when you see it at the bottom of the screen will be only threads which you have subscribed to - others threads you have responded to won't be there. Also, if you never responded to a thread, but subscribed to it, it will be there. Although I can't imagine subscribing to a thread unless you've responded....you could be a lurker I suppose. :rolleyes: :)

I'm not sure if this is what was asked but to try to put it simply.

"participated in" at the top of the screen will include ALL threads you have ever responded to, subscribed or not.

"favorites" when you see it at the bottom of the screen will be only threads which you have subscribed to - others threads you have responded to won't be there. Also, if you never responded to a thread, but subscribed to it, it will be there. Although I can't imagine subscribing to a thread unless you've responded....you could be a lurker I suppose. :rolleyes: :)

What I do is check latest participated first. Then I check favorites, topics. Those are the subscribed threads. Then I go to favorites forums. I have subscribed to eight forums I am particularly interested in, Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Bermuda, etc. Tapatalk really suits the way I like to read Cruise Critic.

I don't think we can upload pictures with our post through tapatalk, can we? I keep finding things little by little but I haven't found this one.

Maybe that is something yet to come with this app. If facebook can do it, so can tapatalk. :) It sure would be a great feature for those posting from a cruise.

I don't think we can upload pictures with our post through tapatalk, can we? I keep finding things little by little but I haven't found this one.

Maybe that is something yet to come with this app. If facebook can do it, so can tapatalk. :) It sure would be a great feature for those posting from a cruise.

If you are starting a new topic above the keyboard there is a more button. From there you can upload from gallery. At least on Android. aefc3a05-b42f-a4ed.jpg here I will try it...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yep worked. Tapatalk will even host the photos!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oh, cool. I'll have to look for that the next time I use my phone. I think I remember seeing the more button but hadn't tried it. :o I was probably thinking, what "more" do I need? I can read and post just fine. :)

Gina

Archived