Coolers (size)

emerald777

What size coolers are you allowed to bring on board? CCL no longer allows anything bigger than 12 x 12 (or close to that). We have a small rolling cooler, probably 12 x 15 that CCL refused to let us bring onboard last time.

Not sure about that. Never brought one onboard ourself, but seen others. We just use the fridge. Never heard anyone say they had a problem though, so I would think no problem.

sort of curious what you would use the cooler for.

What size coolers are you allowed to bring on board? CCL no longer allows anything bigger than 12 x 12 (or close to that). We have a small rolling cooler, probably 12 x 15 that CCL refused to let us bring onboard last time.

We use a soft-sided rolling cooler that resembles luggage which measures 13" x 18" x 10". We put two 12 packs of soda in the boxes in it with our meds and carry it on. We didn't use it earlier this month on CCL because I was afraid they wouldn't let us carry it on with their new cooler restrictions. With NCL - no problem!:)

We use a soft-sided rolling cooler that resembles luggage which measures 13" x 18" x 10". We put two 12 packs of soda in the boxes in it with our meds and carry it on. We didn't use it earlier this month on CCL because I was afraid they wouldn't let us carry it on with their new cooler restrictions. With NCL - no problem!:)

We have a softside one too about this size. Tagged it and sent it along with the checked luggage. Last cruise had Fresca, Diet Coke Lime, Orange Crush and our own water bottles in it. Sent it on dry and added ice to it when it was delivered.

we had a soft sided cooler not sure of the size but put with our checked luggage and no prob...usually i carry-on smaller ones with me that hold about 8 cans...my other holds 24 or more.

i have seen some of the smaller roll on type carried on just like luggage no problem--it has to fit in the x-ray thru security if it is carried on.

OP

Your cabin will most likely have a fridge, there is only 1 NCL ship that doesn't have in-cabin fridges. Don't sweat the size of a cooler, that is why NCL gets higher marks from me for its soda policy. So you might as well just put a luggage tag on a case of pop, water, mixers, whatever that way you don't have to worry about lugging it around with you when you are checking in. Just hand it/them off to the porters with your regular luggage and it will be outside your cabin with the rest of your stuff. :D

This why I love this place.. :)

I never really thought about bringing a cooler, but I have a small collapsable Vera one that I could stick in my luggage & then carry it to the pool or wherever with some Diet Coke so I don't have to drink that icky stuff they serve onboard (Atlanta gal, we don't do Pepsi).. :p

That's crazy so what did they do with the cooler?

OP

Your cabin will most likely have a fridge, there is only 1 NCL ship that doesn't have in-cabin fridges. Don't sweat the size of a cooler, that is why NCL gets higher marks from me for its soda policy. So you might as well just put a luggage tag on a case of pop, water, mixers, whatever that way you don't have to worry about lugging it around with you when you are checking in. Just hand it/them off to the porters with your regular luggage and it will be outside your cabin with the rest of your stuff. :D

First, sorry to be so late coming back to this thread! I've been away for several days.

Suer-kraut - I think we will be on that one NCL ship without the fridges..... The Spirit.

That's crazy so what did they do with the cooler?

They just took it and put it aside. With our sodas and water in it. I said excuse me, biut can we have our cooler? He said no, it's too big. They were just going to keep it. Luckily we drove to the port (Port Canaveral) that day so my husband took it back out to the car. He was pretty PO'd since it was like 99 deg and 3/4 of a mile away..... That's why I want to make sure of the size restrictions before we try to bring it on again.

Thanks to everyone for your responses!

They just took it and put it aside. With our sodas and water in it. I said excuse me, biut can we have our cooler? He said no, it's too big. They were just going to keep it. Luckily we drove to the port (Port Canaveral) that day so my husband took it back out to the car. He was pretty PO'd since it was like 99 deg and 3/4 of a mile away..... That's why I want to make sure of the size restrictions before we try to bring it on again.

Thanks to everyone for your responses!

I guess a way around that is to bring a soft sided collapsible cooler and a collapsible luggage carrier (the kind with wheels). Stick a few empty plastic bags inside it with your drinks. Any problem, remove the drinks (bag them) collapse the cooler, all is good. When through security, open the cooler put back in your drinks, again all is good. At the end of your trip collapse both lay them flat in your biggest suitcase less to carry home.

Archived