Have Destination Questions ? Updated 7/3/11

Andy

1st Destination....

We are interested in Tahiti area....

in particular a B2B option ...

Hawaii..Tahiti ...Hawaii cruise that could be done as a B2B, so you would only have to fly to Hawaii if you chose to do the B2B option

Of course one way segments would also be available

HNL- PPT and PPT-HNL

2nd Destination....

We are also interested in Madagascar, so any plans for that?

3rd Destination...

Black Sea..will the country of Georgia be added for future sailings?

Thanks

K.

Hi Where2Next !

Here's your answers :

1. Tahiti/Hawaii - Though appealing, such voyages require a lot of cruising, a fairly expensive air component and a longer voyage duration. We have discussed it in house, but are not certain we can generate enough interest in filling several voyages to position the ship to and from there.

2. Madagascar - For the moment, we prefer to stay away from the African coast line along with its islands off the continent. Furthermore, the infrastructure on the island is not quite there yet to cater to almost 700 passengers.

3. Black Sea/Georgia - Yes, we have already included Georgia in a 2013 Black Sea voyage.

Thanks, Andy - I'm curious to know when the 2013 itineraries will be announced and, like others, am very interested in Tahiti on Azamara.

Hi Cpgrneyes !

Answer : As mentioned above on Tahiti, it's a long way to get there & back, once in the islands, several lines have tried to succeed there. So far, only one ship has really captured that market and seems to be filling the demand.

Not sure this is what you have in mind - but it would be very helpful if Azamara would put on their website which ports have shuttle service. Thanks.

Andy : While we all agree that posting the information on the website seems like a great idea, Claudius mentioned they have discussed this, but it would be virtually impossible, as berthing decisions are often made and/or changed at the last minute by port authorities.

Answer : Azamara will continue to offer shuttle service when appropriate, based on berthing location on day of arrival.

Definitely interested in Australia/N.Z. and the east coast of North America, Quebec City to N.E. U.S.

Hi Orlenda !

Answer : As of now, it's not in our current plans. So many regions, and only two lovely Azamara ships !

Dear Andy,

we are going on our first Azamara Cruise in September (Nice to Rome). I set up an account on my Azamara. How can I specify special occasions there (I have birthday and we have our anniversery).

Special Occasions:

Be sure to let us know if you're celebrating an anniversary, a birthday or another special occasion onboard.

You have specified 0 special occasions

Thanks

1. Silke

Hi Melody888 !

I suggest contacting your Travel Agent, and they will be able to assist. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Everyone !

This question was posted on another thread from Geocruiser :

Just thought that I would put in my two cents. How about doing a round trip island cruise from Florida again. I have one booked on Princess because Azamara let this market.

Andy : Geocruiser (Maria) - you beat me to this question, as I was sure to ask it !

Answer : Andy himself has been lobbying very hard for all of those asking for round trip Miami voyages and we certainly listen.

Hi Everyone !

I've answered every question asked before the deadline. For the 2 questions asked after the deadline, I will try to obtain answers.

I hope you enjoyed the Q & A session. My sincere thanks to Azamara's Destination Manager Claudius, and everyone at Azamara for making this possible.

Hi Where2Next !

Here's your answers :

1. Tahiti/Hawaii - Though appealing, such voyages require a lot of cruising, a fairly expensive air component and a longer voyage duration. We have discussed it in house, but are not certain we can generate enough interest in filling several voyages to position the ship to and from there.

2. Madagascar - For the moment, we prefer to stay away from the African coast line along with its islands off the continent. Furthermore, the infrastructure on the island is not quite there yet to cater to almost 700 passengers.

3. Black Sea/Georgia - Yes, we have already included Georgia in a 2013 Black Sea voyage.

1 Bummed about that one

2. totally understand

3. Very Cool,

but as luck would have it we booked AZ 2013 to South America

and we are then adding pre and post stays in Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguazu Falls

and after that heading to Chile and Easter Island.

If Claudius is reading this ...please keep Georgia on the itinerary for 2014!!!!!

Thanks Host Andy, for taking the time to inquire for all of us! Much appreciated!

Happy 4th of July

K.

Hi Where2Next !

Great. Black Sea is on our short list. Hopefully the dates will work for us and itinerary will start from Istanbul.

Thanks for taking the time to give us all the responses Andy. They make very interesting reading; not surprisingly there is a clear emphasis on what locations will sell and I really think this is the way for Azamara to go, small niche destinations without massive long repositioning and no security risks

Look forward to watching what transpires over the years

A

Hi Cpgrneyes !

Answer : As mentioned above on Tahiti, it's a long way to get there & back, once in the islands, several lines have tried to succeed there. So far, only one ship has really captured that market and seems to be filling the demand.

There was a Part A question about when the 2013 itineraries might be announced. Was any information offered?

Thanks for all the other answers!

Art

Answer : On Journey's 11/29/12 sailing - the itinerary will feature Sri Lanka, Maldives, and the Indian Ocean.
Thanks for posting answers to our destination questions, Host Andy! I had a quick look at the itinerary that Claudius mentioned. Maldives and Sri Lanka look promising, but we've already done extensive land travel in India. I'll take a closer look and see if the itinerary ticks our preferred boxes. Thanks again!

Hi Andy,

At some point I thought I read that Azamara was planning to do Alaskan cruises -- is that still true? If so, when?

Many thanks!

Hi Ragdoll Momma !

Alaska is not on Azamara's schedule through 2012.

Archived