Ship time vs Bermuda time

stefanny28

Hi everyone;

Can anyone tell me if the ship time is the same or one hour behind Bermuda time?

If we leave from Bayonne and the Summit cruise's schedule says that we'll be dock at Dockyard at 8:30 AM, does it means 8:30 NY time/ 9:30 Bermuda time ? Or the ship will change her time as soon as we dock?

The reason why I am asking is I am trying to book a private tour with a taxi driver bu I don't know that if I ask him to meet us at 9:30 does it means right away when we dock (8:30 ship time) or the ship is actually docking at 7:30 NY time (8:30 Bermuda time)?

PS does anyone understand what I am trying to say...????

I'm fairly certain that the ship and port times will be the same. More than likely you will be advised to set your watch to the correct Bermuda time. You might try asking your question on the Celebrity boards to be certain.

Jonathan

Just remember--it takes a while to disembark--even with easy walk off. The line to walk off winds around the ship and it takes about an hour to get to the terminal and then go through customs. Just got off Gem last Sunday in NYC and ship time and port time were the same 8:30 AM.

The times listed on the itinerary are ship times. Whether the ship changes to local time or not depends on the line. Odds are the local tour people know the deal with ship times. My guess would be they would change to local time since the ship is docked for 3 days. But that's only a guess. You might look up roll calls for other people taking the same itinerary on your ship and see what they had happen.

But as others say, if the ship is on time at 830, you likely won't be off until 930 or 10, so it's best to book a ride for a bit later.

On the 5/29 sailing of the Summit, the ship changed times one hour ahead to Bermuda time the first night, and then one hour back to NYC time the night after departing Bermuda.

Port time and ship time always coincided.

There's very little delay in Bermuda once the ship clears customs, which happens VERY quickly after they are completed docked.

Archived