Cruz Bay to Trunk Bay?

firstcruiserDB

Am I correct in this???

We are taking a RCCL excursion to Cruz Bay for shopping. We will then continue on ON OUR OWN to Trunk Bay. That's the beach, right??

Do we just tell the cab driver to take us to the beach at Trunk Bay when we are finished shopping in Cruz Bay? Anyone know how long a ride and how much the cab fare will be??

Thanks so much for your help!

firstcruiser: If you are on a cruise ship excursion, I believe you have to stay with them and return with them. If you want to go to Cruz Bay and Trunk Bay, you can do that on your own and save some $$.

Jersey: There are lots of beaches from which to choose. What is it you want to do? Magens is the longest stretch of sand. Lindbergh (what everyone is calling Emerald now) is close to Crown Bay and has become popular. If you are going to be at Havensight, you might want to try Coki, Sapphire, Lindquist/Smith Bay. Again, the amenities vary...

yes will be at Havensight

may try Sapphire since we did Emerald last year(it was near Crown bay dock) so walking distance or $4 cab

this Sept will be on Carnival Valour

we are beach people swimming and maybe a few drinks bucket or beer etc.

or if I can find a tour with drinks Adult etc with beach time

If you are doing the same excursion we are, you will take a ferry right from where the ship is docked to Cruz Bay where you will have a guided shopping tour. Then you are free to go on your own to Trunk Bay or whatever, but you must be back at the ship sponsored ferry at the specified time.

We booked this, because we thought it would save us the hassle of a cab to Red Hook, and the worry of making that 9 am ferry to Cruz Bay. We plan on taking a cab to Trunk Bay. I have read that taxi is $6 per person.

We were going to do this completely on our own, but the whole getting to Red Hook made me chicken out...this will give me a good idea of the time it takes etc, and I am sure I will be brave enough to go it on my own next time.

Archived