What can I do with 30,000 RCL Credit Card Points I don't Want?

Hi Folks -

I used to cruise RCL but for reasons I won't go into we don't cruise anymore. I still have over 30,000 points on my RCCL Credit Card and they'll start expiring soon. Does anyone know if there is anything useful I can do with the points? Obviously, I'd like to sell or transfer them... but if I read something correctly that's not allowed (???) What else can I do with them if I can't cash them in somehow?

jim

Hi Folks -

I used to cruise RCL but for reasons I won't go into we don't cruise anymore. I still have over 30,000 points on my RCCL Credit Card and they'll start expiring soon. Does anyone know if there is anything useful I can do with the points? Obviously, I'd like to sell or transfer them... but if I read something correctly that's not allowed (???) What else can I do with them if I can't cash them in somehow?

jim

If you feel charitable ( and that would be tax deductible) then you can donate.....

1000 points - $10 USD value donation to one of our partnering charitable organizations for Haitian Relief (multiple donations may be requested if earned)

This is off the RCI website under RCI Visa Card

Hi Folks -

jim

I think you can donate them to Haiti.

As suggested - donate them to the Haitian releif fund.

Otherwise, what does it matter? They didn't cost you anything, you didn't have to pay a fee for them to accumulate so let them expire.

Not sure of the provisions of your card, but we cashed in Celebrity American Express for cash instead of OBC. They simply sent a check. You might try calling Crown and Anchor and seeing what they say.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

If I were you I would donate them to Hand and Hand,It is a charity that take children on trips and have a wish .Alot of the children have cancer and other sickness and It sure does help take their mind off of what they are going thru.They take them to Disney,cruises,amusment parks.Also tax deductable.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I do a lot of donating elsewhere but I suppose I might go that route (could use the tax deductions.) Rather try an get a little cash for my upcoming (land) trip to Russia. (Adopting a little girl).

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I do a lot of donating elsewhere but I suppose I might go that route (could use the tax deductions.) Rather try an get a little cash for my upcoming (land) trip to Russia. (Adopting a little girl).

Congrats, I can't think of anything better!!! :)

Archived