Storage place on board at embarkation for carry on luggage?

flashdog_1

I had read reviews that said that, but I figured they were not in the early group (which I intend to be). Hope to have a cabin assignment by then, too. ha. Two weeks to go and no assignment. Hope that's good news since we have a guarantee.

We always arrive at the embarkation port early and are usually one of the first, if not the first groups on board. In 15 cruises on Princess, our cabin has always been ready when we board the ship. It's always great to unpack the carry-ons, have lunch in the MDR or buffet, then start exploring and not have to sit in a lounge and/or lug around carry-ons for a couple hours. Not bashing the other lines, but Princess definitely gets bonus points for having the ability to go directly to our cabin. We think it's a huge plus and one of the many reasons why we love and stick with Princess.

I've taken quite a few Princess cruises and my cabin has always been ready when I boarded. I think they don't start embarkation until they're ready. It's nice that you can start your cruise immediately on Princess. :) Also, unlike HAL and Celebrity, your first newsletter of activities and schedules, the Princess Patter, will be waiting in your cabin. On HAL last April, there was no daily newsletter given out or in the cabin (no way to know what time Muster was or anything else) and Celebrity gave you one at check-in, not in the cabin.

Only once in 19 cruises with Princess that our cabin wasn't ready, and that was on the Tahitian departing out of Tahiti, where they let the disembarking passengers stay on board (although you had to be out of your cabin around 10) until around 5 or 6 PM before taking them to the airport. Not a big deal, as we just did like everyone else and lugged our carry ons to the buffet. After lunch, checked the cabin and it was ready. Ship was a bit crowded until people left for the airport. Have to admit on disembarkation day it was nice to sit by the pool for the day, instead of sitting in an airport all day for a late night flight. This was a total exception and all things considered a bit of a different situation.

Archived