Just Returned from Amerisuites~My experience was

Lois R

Just fine! I know there have always been mixed reviews about Amerisuites. I stayed there last Friday, March 11th and everything was very nice. The room was CLEAN, Bathroom was CLEAN, Staff was HELPFUL, Shuttle was GOOD.:)

Yes, the lobby was crowded Sat morning with people eating the FREE breakfast but it didn't bother me. I had a bagel and a cup of coffee.

I took the first shuttle and I was the only one on it! It was about 10:15am and he drove me to the ship. Tipped him a buck and met some CC friends inside the pier too:D

Anyway, I know a lot of folks have had negative experiences but mine was positive and I would stay there again:) And it was 85.00 on Hotwire. (actually 72.00+taxes).

Hi Lois,

Thanks so much for your review of the Amerisuites. It sounds like it was a very good experience. Have you ever stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66? You see, I have reservations at both hotels and don't know which to keep. The Amerisuites sounded really nice from your review and I love that you get a complimentary breakfast and that they have shuttle service. Normally, I wouldn't even consider spending more money ($107 for Hyatt vs. $69 for Amerisuites) for a hotel that doesn't provide as many services. However, we will be flying in very early that morning, which also happens to be our 10th anniversary. So, I was thinking that it might be better to go with the Hyatt because it might be a little more luxurious. I truly don't know and have never been to Ft. Lauderdale before. Any help that you or anyone else could provide would be greatly appreciated!!

I live in the area and have been in most of the hotels along SE17th Street and the beach and IMO the nicest hotel along SE17th Street is the Renaissance, right across from the entrance to Port Everglades. The views are better from the Hyatt Pier 66, but the rooms are newer and nicer at the Renaissance if you want more "luxury"... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

Hi:) fdlacey, The Hyatt is a luxury hotel. The Amerisuites is simple. Just depends on what you are looking for. How much is the 30.00+, breakfast and free shuttle worth? For me~it was excellent!

I am sure most people on here would tell you to go with the Hyatt. But I will be honest with you, my experience was not good there. I stayed at Pier 66 last year and unfortuntely I had a LOUD LOUD LOUD neighbor. I know that can happen anywhere~Security had to come up to the floor in the middle of the night and it took them almost an hour to get that person to quiet down. As I said, that experience can happen anywhere but I don't have a good taste in my mouth from it.

Hi, yes you can walk to the port but why would you? The ships are much too far for you to be walking to with luggage. I don't know if Renassiance offers a shuttle but all the hotels on 17th Street are less than a 10.00 cab ride away.

Also, there is a big security gate. Walking to the ship doesn't seem feasible to me.

Lois and Trent,

Thanks so much for your help. While the Amerisuites does sound good, I decided to go with the Renaissance after reading the post by Trent S. I was surprised to find a rate that wasn't a lot higher than Amerisuites. Of course, they still don't provide the shuttles or breakfast, but I was looking for something a little nicer for our 10th anniversary. While this is our first cruise, I'm sure it won't be our last and from the good things Lois R said about the Amerisuites, I will remember it for our next trip to FLL. Thanks again!

Can you walk to the port from the Renaissance? Do they have shuttle service?

We stayed at the Renaissance this past October and will be staying again next month. I did like the hotel very much.

There is a shuttle from the hotel to the pier that you can sign up for at the concierge desk in the lobby. It costs $4.00 per person and the first sign up time is at 10:30 am..... it is a large van with an extra cab attached to hold all the luggage...it worked well for us.

Emmy

Just bid on Priceline, 2.5 star and received Amerisuites for $60. This is for 5/13/05.

This is our first stay at an Amerisuites, but the free breakfast in the morning and the shuttle services are exactly what we are looking for.

Hi:)

Yep, CDN is correct. Brand new Publix is within walking distance:D I walked over there to check it out! I am a Publix shopper here at home.......that one is outstanding:D

No membership card needed:) but more than your "basic store";) It is a grocery store chain here in the South.....one of the best:D ~clean, always lots of help, and this new store is fantastic.

Nice to read this thread as my wife and I are doing the Amerisuites next December! Hotwire had a fair rate of $65+tax for two different nights during the holidays. We are staying there precruise and between cruises (quasi BtoB) --doing the Costa Mediterranea first, then boarding the Coral Princess for X-mas and New Years. We stayed in the Hyatt Pier 66 this past holiday and it was fine, but just a hotel room. We had to go to $139 on priceline to get it, so I thought I would try something different. We will be in the Marriott Marina this summer postcruise.($79 priceline+tax) Thanks for the information!

Enjoy!

Kel

The hotwire amerisuites is that a 2 star downtown? looks like we may be on the same cruise in December. Leaves Friday the 23rd?

On hotwire, the Amerisuites is the only 2.5 star hotel in the downtown zone. Our second stay will be the 23rd, but our cruise is on the 24th (Coral Princess--Panama canal).

Enjoy!

Kel

Lois, Thanks so much for taking the time to post about your hotel experience! We are currently booked for our pre cruise stay at the Holiday Inn Express air/sea port. Thinking of doing a post stay as well. Gotta use those priority points! Nancy

p.s. we miss you over on the HAL board!:)

• 4 weeks later...
Just fine! I know there have always been mixed reviews about Amerisuites. I stayed there last Friday, March 11th and everything was very nice. The room was CLEAN, Bathroom was CLEAN, Staff was HELPFUL, Shuttle was GOOD.:)

Yes, the lobby was crowded Sat morning with people eating the FREE breakfast but it didn't bother me. I had a bagel and a cup of coffee.

I took the first shuttle and I was the only one on it! It was about 10:15am and he drove me to the ship. Tipped him a buck and met some CC friends inside the pier too:D

Anyway, I know a lot of folks have had negative experiences but mine was positive and I would stay there again:) And it was 85.00 on Hotwire. (actually 72.00+taxes).

Lois

Thanks for the review. Do you know what time the next shuttle was scheduled to leave. Was there a signup sheet? or first come first serve?

Hi:) I don't know of any sheet to sign. I believe it is first come first serve. Actually, I was ready to go before that;)

But he had people needing to get to the airport first. (They were more of a priority) which I can understand.

I could have taken the ride to the airport but decided it was nice enough to sit in the foyer area and enjoy the anticipation:D

Oh I bet if there were people waiting when he got back to the hotel they would have been next~the hotel is not 5 minutes from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived