Policy regarding transfer of booking to agents

stanjj111

Oh Dear,

I don't know what cruise I want to use my passages on, so I didn't think I needed to transfer it before 60 days of purchase. oops. that was 6/26.

I suppose I need to use it with one of those last minute sales to make it feel worth it. I don't think my TA knew about needing to transfer either.

I have been told as well, both by my TA and on board marketing manager, that new "Passages" also have to be assigned within 60 days.

Well, it appears that your TA and the marketing manager on board, as well as the person my sister spoke with at Celebrity are all wrong!

We spoke with Celebrity today and they apologized profusely for the confusion that took place. The policy is that if you do an onboard booking for a specific cruise, then if you don't name the TA at the time you do the onboard booking, you have only 60 days to make the transfer.

However, if you purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate, it is good forever and when you do decide which sailing you want to use it for, you have 60 days from the time you select your cruise to transfer it. But you do not have to, and I repeat DO NOT HAVE TO, transfer the certificate to a TA within 60 days of purchasing the certificate.

I knew Celebrity had to be wrong. If you purchase a Celebrity Passages that is good forever, and you don't use it for 20 years, how in the world would you be able to transfer it to a specific TA within 60 days of purchase.

It's kinda scary that Celebrity and some TA's don't know the policy and we passengers do!

Well, it appears that your TA and the marketing manager on board, as well as the person my sister spoke with at Celebrity are all wrong!

Thanks for the clarification. Now all I have to have is a Celebrity office decision at the time of a future transfer that agrees with one made by co-workers in the office without a different interpretation made up to a decade ago. It would be so nice if this information was available in print on the Celebrity website. There is no X in "Consistency".

Thanks for the clarification. Now all I have to have is a Celebrity office decision at the time of a future transfer that agrees with one made by co-workers in the office without a different interpretation made up to a decade ago. It would be so nice if this information was available in print on the Celebrity website. There is no X in "Consistency".

If someone tells you otherwise, ask to speak to a supervisor. That usually does the trip...not always, but usually!

We spoke with Celebrity today and they apologized profusely for the confusion that took place. The policy is that if you do an onboard booking for a specific cruise, then if you don't name the TA at the time you do the onboard booking, you have only 60 days to make the transfer.

However, if you purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate, it is good forever and when you do decide which sailing you want to use it for, you have 60 days from the time you select your cruise to transfer it. But you do not have to, and I repeat DO NOT HAVE TO, transfer the certificate to a TA within 60 days of purchasing the certificate.

I knew Celebrity had to be wrong. If you purchase a Celebrity Passages that is good forever, and you don't use it for 20 years, how in the world would you be able to transfer it to a specific TA within 60 days of purchase.

It's kinda scary that Celebrity and some TA's don't know the policy and we passengers do!

Hi, thanks for the update.:)

I'm really aggravated. My sister purchased a Celebrity Passages certificate two years ago while on a Celebrity cruise. It never expires, so we were told.

She tried to use it yesterday to book Eclipse for next spring. She wanted the booking to go to her travel agent. The person with whom she spoke at Celebrity told her since it had been 60 days since she purchased the certificate, it could no longer be transferred to a travel agent.

That doesn't sound right to me. When you purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate, you don't name a travel agent. You do when you do an onboard booking (or you can elect to transfer an onboard booking to the TA of your choice within 60 days). But how could you transfer a Celebrity Passages certificate when you're not actually naming a cruise. I can understand the need to transfer it within 60 days when you actually make the booking using the Passages certificate, but not when you simply purchase it.

Am I wrong? I'm hoping the person she spoke with at Celebrity was mistaken and she is going to call Celebrity back tomorrow.

Anybody know for sure what is the policy?

We had this exact situation. I called again and got someone who was really good. She even read from the rules about transferring. It is 60 days from when you pick a cruise. There are some TA's that don't understand the rule either. Just fill out the form with your TA and have them send it in.

Checked with my X company rep and she said that it was obviously incorrect information the first time.

Archived