Bon Voyage Liquor...Take It With You?

If there's just a tiny bit left in a bottle, we'll usually leave it (presumably for the cabin steward), but if there's a significant amount left, we bring it home, but we drive to our cruises, not sure how it would work on a plane.

Hi, we bought one bottle of Stoli through Bon Voyage for our cruise last week.....we also brought vodka with us. We did not even open the stoli and it is safely back at home. We did give the case of soda to two photographers that our kids be-friended....they were very gracious!

So pack what you don't use and bring with you!!!

sandi

Which brings a question to mind - do people really leave bottles of wine or liquor (opened bottles with some/little alcohol in them) for the room stewards? Do people really think that a room steward would finish your bottle? I know I certainly wouldn't take or consume anything from an opened container that someone I didn't know just left for me. There's just too many things going around to gamble with over a few ounces of left-over scotch.

I think its a little belittling. Why would someone want your leftovers?

I paid for it and if the bottles are not empty by the time the cruise is over, they are going home with me.

Which brings a question to mind - do people really leave bottles of wine or liquor (opened bottles with some/little alcohol in them) for the room stewards? Do people really think that a room steward would finish your bottle? I know I certainly wouldn't take or consume anything from an opened container that someone I didn't know just left for me. There's just too many things going around to gamble with over a few ounces of left-over scotch.

We bring a box of wine with us and think nothing wrong with asking room steward if he wants the rest of it.

When driving home be sure your bottle is in the trunk and not accessable. You are actually traveling with an Open Container and some states take a very dim view of this. Also, some states consider this bootlegging.

Archived